Wednesday, January 16, 2013

13 in 13 Revisited

Last time I mentioned that I had decided this year instead of coming up with empty resolutions I wanted to focus on some simple changes. Changes that will happen over a period of time and not necessarily overnight. Each of these can be personal in nature or leadership in nature, since this is a leadership blog. I decided to present it in the format of 13 in 13. This is 13 changes I will make in 2013. I was inspired by my daughter last year who did a 12 in 12 but I have always liked a bakers dozen so I am going with 13.

Here are the 13 things I will change or do differently in 2013. Throughout the year I will expound on these and let you know how I am doing. I challenge you to create your own list.

1.  Read more watch less - I want to read more books, articles, papers etc and watch less inane television.
2.  Walk more sit less - I want to get more active from this sedentary
3.  Give more spend less - Self explanatory
4.  Save more spend less - Self explanatory
5.  Eat healthier - Avoid those sweets even though I love them
6.  Declutter - Rid my life of things that clutter it. Get back to a simpler time when the basics were all that we needed.
7.  React more procrastinate less - I want to be more reactionary and visionary than procrastinating the things that need to get done.

I'll share the remaining 6 tomorrow.

1 comment:

Mel said...

These look good, Dad. I can't wait to see the other 6.