Saturday, November 25, 2006

Chick Flick or not Chick Flick

Chick Flicks, the bane of every man's existence. Granted many of these so-called "chick flicks" do have quality acting and beautiful scenery. They are however wrapped in frustration and sprinkled with teasing romance.

Men need to feed their thirst for movies on the action and speed that is represented in such fine movies as Mission Impossible or any Bond movie or any movie that contains car chases and blowing up of buildings and vehicles. Sure men like a good love story but it needs to be raw passion and not repressed love. I however don't recommend a movie full of nudity and promiscuous sex, these scenes are worthless and unnecessary.

I admit it! Yes I have sat through my share of chick flicks. Some much better than others but I would never recommend a chick flick to my friends or relatives. Instead I like to recommend those with suspense, action or humor. With that said here is a list of 10 all time got to see movies. Some of these are old and some more recent than others. While some may have nudity I recommend turning your head, after all you must remain true to the one you love.

Caddyshack
Animal House
Any Star Wars movie
The Lord of the Rings trilogy
Rear Window
Psycho
The Birds
Narnia
The Great Escape
Miracle

Please add your comments and I will gladly continue to add to this list if I agree.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I suppose the idea of repressed love flies in the face of today's gotta-have-it-yesterday mentality, but there is something beautiful about a love that takes awhile to grow and become something woth having. I nominate "Remains of the Day" as required watching for anyone wanting to see a repressed love story.