Thursday, January 24, 2013

13 in 13 the Final 6

Last time I blogged I gave you the first 7 of my 13 life changing habits for 2013. The nice thing about life changing habits is that you don't have to make the changes all at once. They will occur over time. As long as I have made the steps and I am working on those life changing habits in 2013 I am successful.

Here are 8 - 13. Read my previous blog for 1-7.

These first two may seem like they contradict each other but they really don't and I explain.

8.  Follow more and lead less - In some situations you have to be a follower and not a leader. That is how we learn and grow.
9.  Lead more and follow less - In other situations you have to lead more especially in areas of your expertise.
10.  Pray more worry less - Instead of worrying about things it is better to pray about them and let God be in control.
11.  Work more efficiently - Make better use of my working hours by finding ways to be more efficient.
12.  Work more and Play more - If I am working more efficiently I can generate more income and working more efficiently will help me play more and spend more time with family.
13.  Continue to improve my communication skills - I am a member of Toastmasters and I will continue to challenge myself to improve those communication skills whether they are speaking, listening or evaluating.

Create your own list of 13 in 13 and share if you so desire. Check back often to my blog as I will periodically check in on how I am doing with my 13 in 13.

Don't forget this blog focuses on Leadership but it also addresses the issue of leisureship and things for self improvement away from your leadership role.

No comments: