Sunday, July 21, 2013

The Journey, Day 20

I spent Saturday at the District 6 TLI (Toastmasters Leadership Institute). I got the opportunity to training the VP Education officers. Had a lot of fun telling them about the DCP (Distinguished Club Program). I handed out index cards and those who didn't have a card had to put the group in order of the DCP points. I think they had a lot of fun learning about the DCP this way.

I really enjoyed the keynote speaker, Roger Revak. He did a great job and it was a great speech on taking your Toastmaster talents outside of your club.

I also took in an education session on a program called "Strive, Revive and Thrive". A proven program that helps clubs grow and stay strong.

Also attended the awards luncheon.

As division governor you are expected to attend as many of these district events as possible. that is a good thing it helps grow your leadership skills and gives you an opprotunity to share your knowledge and network with other Toastmasters.

I'll be back blogging on day 24 of my journey.

No comments: