Saturday, February 25, 2012

Growing Pleasure

It is the weekend again and time to take a respite from your leadership responsibilities and relax. Relax so you can refresh and be ready for another gruelling week of leadership again.

Last week we looked at Hobbies and activities you might like to do that releive the stress of your leadership role. This weekend we are going to continue with the themee of hobbies and for today we are going to stay outside.

How many of you love to garden or do yard work? I know it is still winter and in Minnesota where I live you can't do too much yard work this time of year. Spring is just around the corner and it is time to start thinking about your garden and your yard.

I love planting and watching things grow but I do not like the weeding portion of gardening. I also like determining what I want to plant and making sure I have everything I need to plant and grow those flowers or vegtables. I really enjoy mowing my lawn. It is a big lawn and takes a while but the rewards for the look afterward are well worth it. When I am done I relax on a chair in my yard drinking an ice cold ice tea and enjoying the sounds of summer.

Gardening can also be very relaxing. Tilling up the soil and planting a seed and then watering the seed. Waiting for it to sprout and produce the plan that you desire is also very fulfilling. Many people won't just plant a seed but a seedling to get a head start on the growth of the plant. This is similar to leadership when you are responsible for employees you like to till their soil, plant that seed of leadership in them and watch the leadership grow.

Get your garden ready this weekend by laying out what you want to plant and where you are planting them. If you can't get outside yet read some books on gardening and enjoy!

No comments: