Monday, February 20, 2012

Leadership Legacy

Being a leader can be a difficult position to be in. A leader is someone who others look toward for vision, direction and of course leadership.

How do you do as a leader who conveys a vision that others can get behind and follow?

How are you at giving direction? Do you micromanage or do you allow your followers some independence?

How do you do at leading? How do you show your followers the way to success?

Over the next several days we are going to examine ways to step up ways to tweak and convey your vision to your followers. We will also look at ways to give direction to your followers while empowering them to reach their goals. We will also look at ways to lead while showing your followers how to be successful.

Today we are going to look at the one thing that will tie them all together. It is a legacy, you don't just want to be in a leadership position without making an impact and leaving a legacy. A legacy is something others will remember you by. You want to leave them with something so after you are gone others will say remember what so-and-so did. What do you want your followers or company to remember you by.

I am currently serving as the Area 21 Governor in District 6 Toastmasters. I said to myself when I took over for this year that I wanted to do something different. Sure it might have been done before and in other areas but I decided I would create a quarterly newsletter that highlights accomplishments from each club in the area.

My challenge to you is to find something you can do that will leave a legacy of your leadership role. Leave a comment and let me know what it is.

No comments: