Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Pay It Forward

Two weeks ago I had the opportunity to spend the morning in a 4th grade classroom teaching the 4th graders about business. I participated in JA (Junior Achievement) in a Day. This is a day many of the people from the company I work at spends the morning in a local elementary teaching kids about business.

The teacher really appreciates the program because it is skills and ideas that she is unable to teach because of time constraints.

Another way that a leader can grow is to pay it forward, Be a philanthropist in all that you have. Not necessarily money but also your skills and knowledge. Share with the future generations everything you have learned and you can already start to influence the future leaders.

If you can donate money to worthy causes then please do so. It is another great way to support the issues you care about. Maybe you have a passion for the United Way, get involved in their donation campaign at your company. If they don't have one then this is your opportunity to grow as a leader and start one. Maybe you prefer something outside of work. Heart association, breast cancer awareness, als, ms, the list could go on for ever, find one that fits your liking and get involved.

You might prefer a faith based organization, your church or something else that fits your faith. You can get involved with those as well.

Regardless of what you want to get involved with I suggest you do so because it will help you grow as a leader and it will help you flex those servant leader muscles. Get ready for a volunteer workout and pay it forward to others.

If you are interested on this blog page I have an opportunity for those who read my blog to donate to the American Diabetes Association. It is a way for you to get the ball rolling. It is a way that I can also participate by throwing my support behind something that has affected my family. If you feel like it I suggest you donate by clicking on the donate section on my blog page.

No comments: