Saturday, March 31, 2012

Get The Picture

The weekend is here again and it is time to work on your leisureship. It is time to relax and get away from the stress and responsibility of leadership and do something you enjoy. Maybe that something is photography. Perhaps you are an amateur photographer and love getting outside and taking pictures.

When I was in high school one of my favorite classes was photography. We not only took picture but learned how to develop them in a darkroom. Back then it was old school with the cameras. I owned a SLR with a removable lens so you could attach a larger lens to it. It also had a removable flash and a manual light meter and focus. It was difficult to take those quick spontaneous pictures but it was a lot of fun.

I still own that camera but in this day and age of digital photography it is quicker and easier to use a small digital camera. I would like to own a digital SLR some day with all the bells and whistles. If you are like me and enjoy taking pictures spend some time this weekend taking photos. The nice thing is you no longer need to wait and get your pictures developed. Just take out the SD card and download them onto your computer or on to a disk.

I have always enjoyed taking pictures of landscape and beautiful scenery. Some people enjoy photos of people, family and friends. My daughter loves taking pictures of animals especially her dog. I think we have more pictures of her dog than we have of her little brother.

Whatever your specialty is get out and enjoy taking pictures. It is a great memory of places you have been and people you have seen.

Here is a picture I took last fall up at Grand View Lodge in Northern Minnesota. That's right it is a picture of scenery but it helps me remember the beauty of up north. It also reminds me of the golf you can play up there.

No comments: