Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Learning Leadership


In today’s blog I am going to cite a leadership quote and then I will discuss my opinion of that quote. This is an occasional series I do. Sometimes I will read a quote or hear a quote and wonder how it fits in with the concept of leadership.
Today’s quote from Brainyquote

 "Leadership and learning are indispensable to each other."
John F. Kennedy

There is a lot of truth behind this quote. Leadership isn’t to be left stagnant once you reach a role as a leader, instead learning must continue so the leader can continue to grow and learn. I was thinking about this the other day when my daughter was complaining about doing her homework. I realized that children haven’t yet learned the importance of education. Education is really a lifelong pursuit. True learning becomes more defined as you get older but still learning needs to continue or you will fall behind.
Leaders cannot afford to fall behind they must keep up on all the current changes to leadership. President Kennedy was correct in his quote without leadership learning doesn’t occur and without learning leadership doesn’t occur.
If you want to continue leading then get out there and continue learning.

No comments: