Monday, September 17, 2012

Momentum


It all started tonight, the life group journey. I started a leadership life group at my church and tonight was the first night. I only had two people but it is a start. My question for the blog today, “as a leader, what things can you do to promote your project”?
My vision for my life group is to create a group in which we all can find out who we are and the gifts God has given us. Then take those gifts and use them as a leader in the church, community, home and work. Once a quarter we will spend some time volunteering in the community.
My hope is that people will discover their gift and use it for the glory of God and to help others. It will also help the person attending become a servant leader.
Here is my list of things a leader can do to promote a project.
·         Network – Find those you know and get them on-board with what you are doing.

·         Explain your vision – Hopefully this will help others capture your vision and get on-board with you.

·         Explain benefits – Help others understand exactly why it is good for them to partake of your project.

·         Lead – Be the leader you are supposed to be and stick with it until you find success.

·         Serve – Help others with their project then they will be apt to reciprocate the favor.

I plan to use as many of these as I can to promote my life group. I think if you use these in any project you are working on you will find others will be joining in on your project.
Let me know some suggestions you might have.

No comments: