Sunday, June 03, 2012

The Lawn

Are you one of those people who mow their lawn every two days? Maybe one of your neighbors is that person. I have mowed my lawn twice this year. Pretty scary! I actually enjoy mowing my lawn but I can't really do it in an evening after work. It takes too long and we have a lot of family commitments to attend to. The weekends this season have been wrought with rain so I have only mowed twice.

I think my neighbors were starting to talk but I got it done today. I enjoy the smell of new mowed lawn and I love relaxing afterward in a chair in the yard admiring the finished lawn.

It is a great escape for people to spend their weekend manicuring their lawn and making sure it looks just right. My lawn isn't the best kept, I don't have it professionally sprayed or professionally manicured. However, when it is mowed it looks nice and I like sitting in the yard.

I have a lot of trees in my yard so they create a canopy and nothing beats relaxing in a chair after mowing the lawn under the shade of the tree canopy. Leaders can sometimes find solace and relaxation in the little things. A nice lawn and a nice day in the yard is a welcome change from the sometimes wild  race of leadership.

Next time you are mowing your lawn take some time out to admire it and relax, drinking an ice tea or lemonade and enjoying the hard work of some manual labor. I know I do this every time I mow my lawn. Because I mow it less frequently it is less of a chore and more of a pleasure. You might be one of those mowing it every two days try waiting a while you will find you appreciate it more.

No comments: