Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Are You A Legend?

There have been many books written, seminars given and speeches listened to that involve leadership. For every person that is out there talking and discussing leadership there is the same number of ideas about leadership. Each of us have a duty as leaders to share our knowledge and expertise in the area of leadership.

I started this blog with the intent to share my insights into leadership. Sometimes what I say might click other times it might miss the mark. That doesn’t mean if it misses the mark for you that it didn’t click for someone else. Through this blog I have presented many different leadership styles and comparisons. I’ve looked at articles and discussed those as well. I have even devoted time to leisure, after all leaders need time to decompress and the weekends are spent exploring ways a leader can enjoy leisure.
I am currently creating a Legends of Leadership page. Through this I highlight people who are legends in their leadership. I want to include those people you see leading in their everyday lives. I currently have four people I have highlighted as legends, Ronald Reagan, Steve Jobs, Jane Addams and Stephen Covey.
If you know of someone you want to nominate or have me put in my blog and eventually on my Legends page send me their contact information. What I am looking for is four or five bullet points that I call their resume, this is leadership positions they have held or leadership awards they have won. I also need 4 or 5 bullet points that highlight their accomplishments. Then most of all why you think they should be consider a legend of leadership. What did they do to impact leadership?
Famous people are okay but we really want those leaders who are “everyday people” making an impact on those around them. Let me know who has touched your leadership life.

No comments: