Saturday, July 14, 2012

Vacation Time


This past week I had the pleasure of having the week off from work. If you are a frequent stopper at my blog I apologize for missing a few days last week. My goal this year was to blog everyday of the year. I now have three blogs that I write, a sports one that I will occasionally write about sports happenings. A bible verse blog in which every Sunday I write a bible verse for the week. Then there is this blog which focuses on Leadership and on weekends what I call leisureship.

The Grandview pool (Kids love it)
As I said I was on vacation this past week. My focus today is on taking a vacation. Every leader needs a vacation they need time away from work and from leading. What better way to spend that time away then with a weeklong vacation. I spent the week at Grand View Lodge with my family and the in-laws. We had a great time. I spent time at the beach, in the water, with the kids. I was able to golf on one day. Watching and helping the kids fish off the dock was one of the more exciting things to do. Seeing their eyes get wide when they caught a fish. The big highlight was when my daughter put her pole down on the dock to do something and a fish grabbed her bait and my sister-in-law jumped into the lake to retrieve the pole and low and behold there was a fish on the line and a pretty good size one. These are the kind of moments that can only be enjoyed on vacation.

I hope you will find time to break from your busy leadership life and go on vacation. Enjoy that family time and create some memorable stories that will be shared for generations to come.

No comments: