Monday, July 09, 2012

Selfish Leadership

I am reading an article from "The Good News" magazine about leadership. I have provided a link for you to look at the website. The article is called "What Makes a True Leader" by Jerold Aust.

My focus over the next few weeks will be based upon that article. Since we are in an election year we will be voting for our leaders of this great nation. It is good to take some time to reflect on what makes up good leadership and what makes up bad leadership.

There are two parts in the article that I will focus on. The first is the seven common missteps of selfish leadership. Each day I will unpack one of those missteps and give my own twist to the reasoning behind that misstep.

After the seven missteps I will focus on the seven characteristics of a true leader. If you have been following and reading my blog probably have read about some of these characteristics in the past. Again we will look at them and unpack them and I'll add my special twist to each characteristic.

The seven missteps of selfish leadership are:
  • Schmoozing
  • Politics
  • Playing Favorites
  • Playing to Personalities
  • Deception
  • Hypocrisy
  • Hiding True Feelings.

Today was an introduction. Tomorrow we will dive in and look at schmoozing. I hope you enjoy this look at leadership.

No comments: