Saturday, July 07, 2012

Simply Amusing


Amusement parks have long been part of Americana. People all over America get their thrills riding coasters and other thrill rides at amusement parks across the country. It is a great way to relax and spend a day with family and friends.

I remember when I was a kid Excelsior Minnesota had one of the few amusement parks in Minnesota. The other one was located at the Como Zoo. I remember riding the rickety roller coaster in Excelsior and that is what captured my heart for roller coasters. I love riding roller coasters.

When Valley fair opened I spent many summer days riding the coasters at Valley Fair. At the time of the opening they only had two now they have many more. My favorite at Valley Fair is the Corkscrew, this of course is only because I haven’t been out there too often to ride the Wild Thing and the Renegade.

A number of years ago I took a group of teens to Six Flags in Gurnee Illinois. I rode the American Eagle a double coaster. That was quite a fun ride. Unfortunately I am not a “ride every coaster” type of person. Because of this I haven’t ridden some of the greatest coasters in America. Maybe someday I will take a coaster trip across America. But as I age I become less excited about the thrills the coasters bring.

What I would like to hear from you is to leave a comment with your favorite coaster. Also share your favorite amusement park. America has many that people know and love. Disneyland, Disney World

No comments: