Saturday, July 28, 2012

Festival Friday/Saturday

It is that time of year when counties all over the state of Minnesota start holding their county fairs. Today I am going to highlight a county from Minnesota, South Dakota and Wisconsin. These county fairs are your opportunity as a leader to relax, spend some time with your family and enjoy that typical fair fare.

Minnesota:
Anoka County Fair July 24th - 29th

Anoka County Fair: This is the county I live in and believe it or not I have never been to this county fair. Fairs are a fun place to eat, people watch, listen to music and show off your prized sow. The Anoka county fair has a lot to offer. To see what it is all about please follow the link to the Anoka County Fair

South Dakota:
Brown County Fair August 13th - 19th

Aberdeen is in Brown County and growing up I spent many summers and Thanksgivings visiting my relatives in Groton, which is only 20 miles from Aberdeen. actually went to this county fair where it is and my relatives may have spent some time at this county fair is why I am highlighting it. Some things to do at the Brown county fair are to watch the stock car races, enjoy a demolition derby (I love those) and of course listen to music and eat. See more about this fair by link to the Brown County Fair.

Wisconsin:
Pierce County Fair August 9th - 12th

River Falls lies within Pierce county and I again have relatives who live in River Falls. That is why I am highlighting this county fair. I visit River Falls almost every 4th of July and my wife attended the University of Wisconsin River Falls. What can you do at the Pierce County fair? Music, Food, Truck and Tractor pull as well as a demolition derby are just a number of the things you can do at the Pierce County Fair. Visit the Pierce County Fair web page for more information.

It is county fair season and I hope you find a county fair to your liking. Go ahead and enjoy the local fare and the local people. Relax and get away from the leadership rat race.

No comments: