Saturday, April 14, 2012

Shrimp on the Barbie

Every weekend I have been exploring ways that you as a leader can escape the grind of the leadership life and find something relaxing to do. By the title of this post you might think it is about a trip to Australia, that might be nice but you probably can't do that in a weekend from most parts of the globe. Instead it is about one of the greatest summer time activities here in Minnesota, barbecuing.

What is your favorite grilling fare? Do you prefer gas or charcoal? Do you have a simple grill or a major cooking grill that allows you to create a whole meal on your grill.


I enjoy eating grilled food and I do enjoy grilling. My favorite things to eat on the grill are ribs, fish and pork chops. Nothing beats a rack of ribs that when done just fall off the bone . I love to have salmon on the grill because fish is my favorite but it is also about preparation. Sprinkle that salmon fillet with lemon pepper and grill it up and enjoy. I haven't done chops in a while but when I did I used to soak them in soy sauce before grilling them the flavor was very enjoyable.

I would like to hear from you. What do you like on the grill? Share some of you special preparations of your grill fare.

I prefer charcoal but that requires a little more prep time before using the grill. I also prefer a more simple grill. If you want to do it right though you should go with gas and get a larger grill that will be able to cook your whole meal.

Invite your friends or just your family but spend some time doing some outdoor cooking.

I would love to hear your grilling stories so please share so all my readers can enjoy.

No comments: