Monday, May 14, 2012

Building a Team

I would like to start a new series on leadership. This series will focus on building a team. Think for a moment that you are starting a business or need a project team. You will be the leader it is time to build your team.

If you have been following my blog you know I like to think of a creative way to present the topic. I am going to relate building a leadership team with baseball. Baseball is a team and requires many positions working in unison to be successful.

During this series you will be the coach and you have to build a team that consists of a Pitcher, Catcher, 1st Baseman, 2nd baseman, shortstop, 3rd baseman, and the three outfield positions. I will look at the qualities to be good at those particular positions and relate it to the type of worker and leader you need for your project.

I am looking forward to presenting this series. Tomorrow we will look at the pitcher role.

Play Ball!!

No comments: