Monday, May 28, 2012

In Memory and Honor


Memorial Day is more than just the official kick off to summer. In fact it is the time to recognize those who served those who gave their life and those who fought for our freedom.
How many of you today will spend your time remembering a loved one who served and making sure you thank those who are still around for giving their time to serve our country.
My father served in World War II. He was fortunate to not have to serve in combat but instead served in northern Africa in the Army Air Corps. He was stationed at Khartoum Sudan and used to talk quite a bit about his time serving.  

Those who served away from the battle fray tend to talk more about their time in a positive light than those who were on the front lines.  Front lines or not we owe our freedom to all those who served.
My son-in-law is currently serving in the Army. He is currently located in Colorado and has in the past been deployed to Iran. I am very proud that he is working so hard to keep our country safe. All of our current service people deserve our gratitude. I know what a sacrifice it can be he has spent time away from my daughter (his wife) and put his life in danger during fire fights in Iran.
My brother-in-law (My sister’s husband) served in the Marines. My Father-in-law served during veitnam and I have many uncles who have also served.
Take time out today to thank a service man or woman for their sacrifice to our country. If you have loved ones who served who are passed away or died in battle spend some time remembering they put their life on the line for our freedom.
Thank you to all of you for serving!
In memory of my Father George Andersen, he didn’t die in battle but served nonetheless to help secure our freedom.

In honor of my son-in-law, Alan Guggisberg who is currently serving in the Army.

No comments: