Sunday, May 20, 2012

Birthday Bash


It has been a busy weekend. Today I spent time at my oldest daughter’s graduation ceremony from William Mitchell Law School. Yesterday we spent time celebrating another daughter’s 11th birthday. Some weekends can be very busy but as long as it is activities that are different from the work week it can make for a relaxing and quick weekend.
Any time you spend time with family it is also a good time and being able to celebrate with family makes it even better. I know most of you don’t have a birthday to celebrate every weekend of the year. On those weekends when you do be sure to make them special for the person you are celebrating for.
In yesterday’s blog I gave you some tips on how to create a less stress in your planning and celebrating the graduation of a loved one. Today I want to give you some essentials to making sure the person has a happy birthday when you are celebrating their birthday.
·         Food – Tray to always serve a cake and meal that is the favorite of the birthday girl/boy. I remember growing up and my mom always made a cake shaped like an animal or something that was fun.
o   Doing this for the person no matter their age will go a long way in making them smile. I remember as an adult having special meals on my birthday. It makes the person feel special.
·         Atmosphere – Home is always the best option for celebrating birthdays. Make sure the house is neat, clean and if it is nice out that outdoor seating is available.
o   If the home is not available depending on whose birthday it is and if it is a special one find that perfect place that you know they will enjoy.
·         Gifts – Have the person give you a list and try to go off the list if you can. I always like a surprise, my wife has been very good about surprising me with items she knows I will like. If you have children have the children make something for that person. You could make something if you have the skills.
·         Guests – Family, always invite the immediate family. It is time to enjoy their company and spend some time getting caught up with them. If it is a child’s birthday you may have a family party and a kid party. If you throw a kid party, only invite the child’s closest friends, not everyone in the classroom.

This is a special day for that person make it special and let them know how special they are by throwing them a great birthday party.

No comments: