Sunday, May 06, 2012

Horsing Around


Saturday saw the 138th running of the Kentucky Derby. While I am not a huge horse racing fan I do love the excitement and elegance of the Kentucky Derby.  One of my daughters also is into horseback riding and takes lessons every week so I have a little more interest in it then I ever did before. Unfortunately I missed the race on Saturday but did see the final leg on the sports and it looked like a great finish for I'll Have Another.

If you are a leader looking for something to do on the weekend that will take you away from the stress filled world of leadership try horsing around. Maybe you spent the day at the horse track betting on your favorite horses, drinking mint juleps and watching elegant equine run around the track. Other items you can do is ride a horse yourself. Take the family on a trail ride and enjoy the outdoors. I am sure you won't have to go as fast at the horses in the Kentucky Derby did but you can enjoy a leisurely walk on the trail.

My daughter with the horse she rides
Horses aren't only for racing. My daughter is learning the equestrian style of competition and hopefully we will get an opportunity to watch her compete soon. There are also those who love a great western and what better way to enjoy the west then to take in a rodeo.

If you like horses there are many things that you can do that are horse related. Take some time one of these weekends to enjoy the finer side of horsing around and take in a race, or jumping, riding, roping or just watching.



No comments: