Wednesday, May 02, 2012

Short Break

I have been blogging a series on decade leadership but today I am taking a one day break to write about something else. It is still leadership in nature. One thing I would like to address first is you my audience. I appreciate you taking the time to read my blogs. I would love for each of you to follow my blog and to leave me comments if anything strikes your fancy.

Leadership is a role we all take on at some time in our life. You may not be a leader of a major corporation but you might be a leader at your church, in a club you joined or just at home as you mentor and lead your family.

Do you find yourself thinking that when you are in that leadership role that your ideas are always right? Do you find yourself forging ahead without consulting or talking to others? If so it is time to step back and take a break. One of the most important aspects of being a leader is listening. Listen to the needs of those around you. You don't have to do everything they suggest but you should at least listen.

Instead of making those decisions on your own. Listen to those around you their ideas my be great and you don't want to miss a great idea.

That is what my short break is about. It is about my readers. I want to hear from you. I want to hear what types of leadership topics do you want me to write about. Let me know. Who knows you might soon see your suggestion in writing.

No comments: