Skip to main content

Compassion, I don't think so!

The following article is by Albert Mohler and he discusses a law that is being introduced in California. I don't know about you but this is not what compassion is all about. Those liberals who believe this is the compassionate thing to do need to examine what compassion is really about. Those who were against abortion said this would be the next step. Those in favor said no way. Now we see our worst fears playing out. We cannot allow the left to railroad us into believing this is compassion. It is murder!!

For more on this my daughters blog talks about Terri Schiavo.

http://www.melissaspeaksout.blogspot.com/

California Compassion Kills —Albert Mohler California is going to consider legalizing assisted suicide. State assembly members Petty Berg and Lloyd Levine--both Democrats--have sponsored what they call the "California Compassionate Choices Act," modeled after Oregon's infamous assisted suicide law.This is an ominous development, and the act's sponsors think they have a great deal of support. Assisted suicide is one of the main agenda items of the culture of death. The Oregon law was supposed to limit assisted suicide to the terminally ill and those suffering acute physical pain. We now know that those boundaries were crossed.The answer for suffering is pain management--not suicide. Doctors must not be transformed from healers to killers. Human dignity demands that life be considered sacred until natural death--not until an act of desperation.There is nothing truly compassionate about the "California Compassionate Choices Act." This law should be stopped in its tracks. Genuine compassion just doesn't kill. Albert Mohler is the host of The Albert Mohler Program. Read Albert Mohler's blog on Crosswalk.

Comments

Mel said…
Here is something I think you would really like to read:

http://blogizdat.blogspot.com/2005/03/spiritual-battles.html

Enjoy!

Popular posts from this blog

Where Have I Been?

 The title of this article is apropos since I haven't blogged in almost 12 years. I plan to start this blog up again and try to blog on a consistent basis. I will also be broadening the topics that I write about. Be sure to subscribe so you can get notifications about when I post. So what have I been up to since that October day in 2013 when I made my last blog? Let me recap for you. When that post happened I was in the middle of my Toastmaster journey and I'm happy to say that I crossed the Toastmaster finish line by earning my DTM. I didn't continue in Toastmasters after that since I changed jobs and took my leadership skills to Mathnasium and started running a Mathnasium in Blaine MN in 2016. I got the opportunity to blend my education degree with my MBA and use it as the Director of the Mathnasium in Blaine. I also had the opportunity to be the director at one in St Louis Park and one in  Andover. I ran these until 2023 when I decided to go back into the classroom and t...

THUNDEROUS LEADERSHIP

This is a condensed version of a speech I gave. The clap of thunder, the flash of lightening, a storm is coming, are you prepared. Storms occur on a regular basis whether they are weather related or life related we have all encountered a storm at one time or another in our life. The question is “are you prepared and will you survive? In the movie “A Perfect Storm” George Clooney plays a captain of a fishing vessel that gets caught up in the storm of the century. He has to make a quick decision about what to do under the circumstances. He had to react to a situation and make the best decision possible for all parties involved. During these perfect storms of life, decisions like these can be life changing. People get caught off guard during the storms of life because they are either ill prepared or they lack the leadership to make positive life changing decisions. In order to survive these storms in life we must follow strong leaders or be a strong leader ourselves. I am goin...

Canada or Bust

 This week I'm on vacation in northern Minnesota. I want to share some sights and sounds of where I went and what I did. Every summer we go to Wilderness Point Resort in Pequot Lakes. During this time, my son always plans another side trip that he and I take. This year our side trip consisted of a trip to Rainy River in Ontario, Canada, along with several stops along the way. My son collects city halls he takes pictures of them and posts them on a discord server. Our first stop was a visit to the Walker, MN city hall. Along the way to Canada we also stopped and got city hall photos for the following cities: Cass Lake, Black Duck, and Kelliher.  A big highlight was getting out in Shooks and taking a picture at the Royal Shooks Motel. Shooks is an unincorporated community, but at the intersection of highways 1 and 72 is the hotel, conveniently located in the middle of nowhere. In Minnesota and the upper Midwest, there is the legend of Paul Bunyan. We like to visit as many of the...