Skip to main content

The Five Senses of Faith

  • VERSE:
    Philemon 1:6
    That the sharing of your faith may become effective by the acknowledgment of every good thing which is in you in Christ Jesus.

    REFLECTION:
    How is the sharing of your faith? I have come to realize that the Bvftd is a way that I share my faith. Being away from it means the sharing of my faith is less effective. It is important that when we find something that we know God wants us to do that we stick with it and be committed to it. Ultimately it is our sharing of our faith that can change the world for Christ. In this world today where more and more people are turning from God we need to work on turing them back to God. Sharing our faith and sharing the message of Christ is the only way that we can help lead others into the Kingdom of God. How have you been on sharing your faith?

    So how do we share our faith with others. I like to think of it as the five senses of sharing our faith. Let's take a look at each of our senses and see how they help us share our faith.

    Sight - We can share our faith by what we watch. If we watch what the world watches our faith is no better than the worlds. No one will believe the sincerity of your faith sharing if you have the windows of your soul looking at ungodly images. Be careful what you watch so others can see a vision of Christ within you.
    Hearing - We can share or faith by what we listen to. If we listen to ungodly music and this that put down and degrade Christianity then we are no better than the world around us. No one will listen to us if we allow our ears to burn with the sounds of evil. Be careful what you listen to so others will hear the testimony of Christ in you.
    Taste - Have you ever heard the slogan "you are what you eat"? What comes out of our mouth is as important as what goes in your mouth. We taste the sweet elixir of sin and we find ourselves using our mouths for sin instead of spreading the gospel of Christ. If you use foul language and then turn around and use that same mouth to witness you have just destroyed your credibility. Be careful what you say, we want others to speak of the voice of Christ within you.
    Smell - Summer is a time of wonderful smells, from the smell of a newly mown lawn to a backyard barbecue. But as Christians we also need to have a nose for sin. We need to understand it and know when it is around. When we smell the stench of sin we must let others know so they too can be aware of the danger approaching. If you warn others of the stench of sin they will smell the sweet aroma of Christ within you.
    Touch - Sometimes our actions speak louder than words. In the case of this sense it is important that we walk justly. Our good deeds and actions are a by-product of our faith not the means to get to heaven. If others see us behaving in a way that is pleasing to God it will give us an opportunity to explain our faith to them. You need to walk in the precepts of God so others see the actions of Christ within you.

    In conclusion: Follow the five senses of faith and your faith will become effective because Christ is within you.

    PRAYER:
    Pray that God will help your faith become more effective. Pray for loved ones and friends who don't know Jesus. Let Christ be your senses as you pray for a closer walk with Him.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where Have I Been?

 The title of this article is apropos since I haven't blogged in almost 12 years. I plan to start this blog up again and try to blog on a consistent basis. I will also be broadening the topics that I write about. Be sure to subscribe so you can get notifications about when I post. So what have I been up to since that October day in 2013 when I made my last blog? Let me recap for you. When that post happened I was in the middle of my Toastmaster journey and I'm happy to say that I crossed the Toastmaster finish line by earning my DTM. I didn't continue in Toastmasters after that since I changed jobs and took my leadership skills to Mathnasium and started running a Mathnasium in Blaine MN in 2016. I got the opportunity to blend my education degree with my MBA and use it as the Director of the Mathnasium in Blaine. I also had the opportunity to be the director at one in St Louis Park and one in  Andover. I ran these until 2023 when I decided to go back into the classroom and t...

THUNDEROUS LEADERSHIP

This is a condensed version of a speech I gave. The clap of thunder, the flash of lightening, a storm is coming, are you prepared. Storms occur on a regular basis whether they are weather related or life related we have all encountered a storm at one time or another in our life. The question is “are you prepared and will you survive? In the movie “A Perfect Storm” George Clooney plays a captain of a fishing vessel that gets caught up in the storm of the century. He has to make a quick decision about what to do under the circumstances. He had to react to a situation and make the best decision possible for all parties involved. During these perfect storms of life, decisions like these can be life changing. People get caught off guard during the storms of life because they are either ill prepared or they lack the leadership to make positive life changing decisions. In order to survive these storms in life we must follow strong leaders or be a strong leader ourselves. I am goin...

Canada or Bust

 This week I'm on vacation in northern Minnesota. I want to share some sights and sounds of where I went and what I did. Every summer we go to Wilderness Point Resort in Pequot Lakes. During this time, my son always plans another side trip that he and I take. This year our side trip consisted of a trip to Rainy River in Ontario, Canada, along with several stops along the way. My son collects city halls he takes pictures of them and posts them on a discord server. Our first stop was a visit to the Walker, MN city hall. Along the way to Canada we also stopped and got city hall photos for the following cities: Cass Lake, Black Duck, and Kelliher.  A big highlight was getting out in Shooks and taking a picture at the Royal Shooks Motel. Shooks is an unincorporated community, but at the intersection of highways 1 and 72 is the hotel, conveniently located in the middle of nowhere. In Minnesota and the upper Midwest, there is the legend of Paul Bunyan. We like to visit as many of the...