Skip to main content

THE TRUE TROUBLEMAKER


VERSE:
1 Kings 18:17-18
Then it happened, when Ahab saw Elijah, that Ahab said to him, "Is that you, O Troubler of Israel?" And he answered, "I have not troubled Israel, but you and your father's house have. In that you have forsaken the commandments of the Lord and have followed the Baals."

REFLECTION:
Have you ever been blamed for something you didn't do? Unfortunately, this is what happens to Christians all over the world. We are made to look like the troublemakers and the ones who are unloving or uncaring. There are those out there claiming to be Christians who make claims that the true Christians are real fanatics and that the Bible really isn't God's Word.

What do you believe? Do you believe that Jesus is truly God's Son? Do you believe that the Bible is the inherent word of God? Do you believe that the only way to get to heaven is by repenting of your sins and putting your faith and trust in Jesus Christ? There are so many different Christian denominations that believe different things but they may be Christian in name only. What about other religions? The Muslims worship a god and read the koran both of which advocate killing the "infidels" (non-Muslims) all the while claiming to be a religion of peace. The Hindus worship thousands of different gods, putting their faith and trust in man-made statues. All Christians claim to do is to worship the God who was willing to sacrifice His only Son so that we might live. All we have to do is recognize that we are sinners and in need of a Savior. Have you done that?

Today's media even tries to shed a negative light on Christianity, especially if it is not the soft and unobtrusive Christianity that many denominations have begun to adopt for the sake of political correctness. In our verse today, Ahab was trying to make Elijah out to be the bad guy. Elijah quickly called him on it and explained why Ahab was truly the troublemaker. As Christians, we need to stand up for the truth, stand up for what we believe. If someone says something bad about Christianity or Jesus, explain the errors of their ways by backing it up with God's Word. We cannot let the Ahabs of this world dictate to others what is and isn't truth. We know that Jesus Christ is the way the truth and the life. Let others hear that and follow God, not the Baals of this world.

PRAYER:
Pray for a boldness to speak out. Pray for those who are lost. Pray for the salvation of those in religions that speak against Christ.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where Have I Been?

 The title of this article is apropos since I haven't blogged in almost 12 years. I plan to start this blog up again and try to blog on a consistent basis. I will also be broadening the topics that I write about. Be sure to subscribe so you can get notifications about when I post. So what have I been up to since that October day in 2013 when I made my last blog? Let me recap for you. When that post happened I was in the middle of my Toastmaster journey and I'm happy to say that I crossed the Toastmaster finish line by earning my DTM. I didn't continue in Toastmasters after that since I changed jobs and took my leadership skills to Mathnasium and started running a Mathnasium in Blaine MN in 2016. I got the opportunity to blend my education degree with my MBA and use it as the Director of the Mathnasium in Blaine. I also had the opportunity to be the director at one in St Louis Park and one in  Andover. I ran these until 2023 when I decided to go back into the classroom and t...

THUNDEROUS LEADERSHIP

This is a condensed version of a speech I gave. The clap of thunder, the flash of lightening, a storm is coming, are you prepared. Storms occur on a regular basis whether they are weather related or life related we have all encountered a storm at one time or another in our life. The question is “are you prepared and will you survive? In the movie “A Perfect Storm” George Clooney plays a captain of a fishing vessel that gets caught up in the storm of the century. He has to make a quick decision about what to do under the circumstances. He had to react to a situation and make the best decision possible for all parties involved. During these perfect storms of life, decisions like these can be life changing. People get caught off guard during the storms of life because they are either ill prepared or they lack the leadership to make positive life changing decisions. In order to survive these storms in life we must follow strong leaders or be a strong leader ourselves. I am goin...

Canada or Bust

 This week I'm on vacation in northern Minnesota. I want to share some sights and sounds of where I went and what I did. Every summer we go to Wilderness Point Resort in Pequot Lakes. During this time, my son always plans another side trip that he and I take. This year our side trip consisted of a trip to Rainy River in Ontario, Canada, along with several stops along the way. My son collects city halls he takes pictures of them and posts them on a discord server. Our first stop was a visit to the Walker, MN city hall. Along the way to Canada we also stopped and got city hall photos for the following cities: Cass Lake, Black Duck, and Kelliher.  A big highlight was getting out in Shooks and taking a picture at the Royal Shooks Motel. Shooks is an unincorporated community, but at the intersection of highways 1 and 72 is the hotel, conveniently located in the middle of nowhere. In Minnesota and the upper Midwest, there is the legend of Paul Bunyan. We like to visit as many of the...