Skip to main content

The Journey Day 62

It has been a long time since I last wrote about my journey as the Frontier Division Governor for District 6 Toastmasters. We have been in the throes of officer training and is has been a hectic month of August. August 31st spells the end of officer training and it is time to evaluate how the Frontier Division did in getting their officers trained.

I want to first commend my Area Governors for a job well done on training officers. They did a great job and they also encouraged and club officers to attend. Our goal in the Frontier Division was to be 7 for 7 for every club in the Division. I know what you are saying, "That is a tall and almost impossible task". It may seeem daunting but we thought we could do it. If we couldn't reach taht goal maybe we could get all the clubs to have at least four trained so they wouldn't lose their DCP point.

How did we do? These numbers may change as some final day numbers and adjustments may be made. As it stands now the Frontier Division did quite well. We have 30 clubs in the Frontier Division. Of these 30 clubs 20 of them were 7 of 7 officers trained that is 66%, awesome job! Of the 30 clubs 28 of them had 4 or more officerss trained only two failed to get the required number of 4 officers trained, this is 93% of the clubs had four or more officers trained, great job! We had 210 officers that needed training 184 of them received training that is 88% of the officers trained in the Frontier Division.

As you can see it was successful in our efforts to train the officers however there is room for improvement. For the second round of officer training we will be shooting for 100% across the board in the Frontier Division. The next round is from December - February.

As we enter into September we are gearing up for contest time. Humorous and Table topics are the contests this fall. Look for more on that later.

Congratulations Area Governors on a job well done with officer training.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where Have I Been?

 The title of this article is apropos since I haven't blogged in almost 12 years. I plan to start this blog up again and try to blog on a consistent basis. I will also be broadening the topics that I write about. Be sure to subscribe so you can get notifications about when I post. So what have I been up to since that October day in 2013 when I made my last blog? Let me recap for you. When that post happened I was in the middle of my Toastmaster journey and I'm happy to say that I crossed the Toastmaster finish line by earning my DTM. I didn't continue in Toastmasters after that since I changed jobs and took my leadership skills to Mathnasium and started running a Mathnasium in Blaine MN in 2016. I got the opportunity to blend my education degree with my MBA and use it as the Director of the Mathnasium in Blaine. I also had the opportunity to be the director at one in St Louis Park and one in  Andover. I ran these until 2023 when I decided to go back into the classroom and t...

THUNDEROUS LEADERSHIP

This is a condensed version of a speech I gave. The clap of thunder, the flash of lightening, a storm is coming, are you prepared. Storms occur on a regular basis whether they are weather related or life related we have all encountered a storm at one time or another in our life. The question is “are you prepared and will you survive? In the movie “A Perfect Storm” George Clooney plays a captain of a fishing vessel that gets caught up in the storm of the century. He has to make a quick decision about what to do under the circumstances. He had to react to a situation and make the best decision possible for all parties involved. During these perfect storms of life, decisions like these can be life changing. People get caught off guard during the storms of life because they are either ill prepared or they lack the leadership to make positive life changing decisions. In order to survive these storms in life we must follow strong leaders or be a strong leader ourselves. I am goin...

Canada or Bust

 This week I'm on vacation in northern Minnesota. I want to share some sights and sounds of where I went and what I did. Every summer we go to Wilderness Point Resort in Pequot Lakes. During this time, my son always plans another side trip that he and I take. This year our side trip consisted of a trip to Rainy River in Ontario, Canada, along with several stops along the way. My son collects city halls he takes pictures of them and posts them on a discord server. Our first stop was a visit to the Walker, MN city hall. Along the way to Canada we also stopped and got city hall photos for the following cities: Cass Lake, Black Duck, and Kelliher.  A big highlight was getting out in Shooks and taking a picture at the Royal Shooks Motel. Shooks is an unincorporated community, but at the intersection of highways 1 and 72 is the hotel, conveniently located in the middle of nowhere. In Minnesota and the upper Midwest, there is the legend of Paul Bunyan. We like to visit as many of the...