Skip to main content

Festivals 6/26 to 6/28

 This week I'm writing about upcoming festivals for this weekend. I'd love to hear from you about festivals you've attended and ones you would like to go to.

There are always a lot more than I highlight here in my blog. Make sure if none of these pique your curiosity then do some research on ones you might like.

MINNESOTA FESTIVALS:

Afton Strawberry Festival (Afton, MN): June 27th to June 28th: Are you interested in visiting a historic small town on the beautiful St. Croix river? Then head to Afton this weekend. They are holding their annual Strawberry Festival. This free outdoor event features over 80 makers and artists, vintage vendors, and delicious strawberry-themed treats. Afton Strawberry Festival



Dan Patch Days (Savage, MN): June 25th to June 28th: First of all, the big question is: Who is Dan Patch? Dan Patch was a standardbred pacer from the early 1900s when harness racing was a huge sport. He was the fastest pacer at the time. If you want to stay closer to the Twin Cities then this kid-friendly, highly active community festival celebrates summer and Dan Patch. It includes music, food, and live performances. Dan Patch Days



Loons & Lakes Festival (Crosslake, MN): June 26th - June 27th. If you are heading up north then this might be of interest to you. Enjoy outdoor, family-friendly events, including guided loon pontoon boat tours at the Cross Lake Recreation Area. As well as vendors, exhibitors, food trucks and live music. Loons & Lakes



WISCONSIN FESTIVAL:

I'll try to feature a festival from another state. Today it is Wisconsin. If you have a state you are visiting and would like me to feature festivals please let me know.

Murals In Menomonie (Menomonie, WI): June 24th to June 28th. Twelve large-scale murals will be painted in and around Menomonie. Come and watch the artists paint, enjoy live music, social events, a farmers market, and even a kids' play area. These murals will celebrate the history of Menomonie and the surrounding area. I always enjoy seeing the murals painted in towns, it can give you a history lesson of the area. Murals 



That is all for this week. Please drop a comment and be sure to check out my other blogs. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where Have I Been?

 The title of this article is apropos since I haven't blogged in almost 12 years. I plan to start this blog up again and try to blog on a consistent basis. I will also be broadening the topics that I write about. Be sure to subscribe so you can get notifications about when I post. So what have I been up to since that October day in 2013 when I made my last blog? Let me recap for you. When that post happened I was in the middle of my Toastmaster journey and I'm happy to say that I crossed the Toastmaster finish line by earning my DTM. I didn't continue in Toastmasters after that since I changed jobs and took my leadership skills to Mathnasium and started running a Mathnasium in Blaine MN in 2016. I got the opportunity to blend my education degree with my MBA and use it as the Director of the Mathnasium in Blaine. I also had the opportunity to be the director at one in St Louis Park and one in  Andover. I ran these until 2023 when I decided to go back into the classroom and t...

THUNDEROUS LEADERSHIP

This is a condensed version of a speech I gave. The clap of thunder, the flash of lightening, a storm is coming, are you prepared. Storms occur on a regular basis whether they are weather related or life related we have all encountered a storm at one time or another in our life. The question is “are you prepared and will you survive? In the movie “A Perfect Storm” George Clooney plays a captain of a fishing vessel that gets caught up in the storm of the century. He has to make a quick decision about what to do under the circumstances. He had to react to a situation and make the best decision possible for all parties involved. During these perfect storms of life, decisions like these can be life changing. People get caught off guard during the storms of life because they are either ill prepared or they lack the leadership to make positive life changing decisions. In order to survive these storms in life we must follow strong leaders or be a strong leader ourselves. I am goin...

Canada or Bust

 This week I'm on vacation in northern Minnesota. I want to share some sights and sounds of where I went and what I did. Every summer we go to Wilderness Point Resort in Pequot Lakes. During this time, my son always plans another side trip that he and I take. This year our side trip consisted of a trip to Rainy River in Ontario, Canada, along with several stops along the way. My son collects city halls he takes pictures of them and posts them on a discord server. Our first stop was a visit to the Walker, MN city hall. Along the way to Canada we also stopped and got city hall photos for the following cities: Cass Lake, Black Duck, and Kelliher.  A big highlight was getting out in Shooks and taking a picture at the Royal Shooks Motel. Shooks is an unincorporated community, but at the intersection of highways 1 and 72 is the hotel, conveniently located in the middle of nowhere. In Minnesota and the upper Midwest, there is the legend of Paul Bunyan. We like to visit as many of the...