Sunday, January 29, 2012

Music to My Ears

As a leader finding ways to relax can sometimes be a challenge. I hope to give you many alternatives every weekend of the year. Yesterday we looked at the arts and gave you some options for viewing the visual arts, movies excluded. Today we are going to look at music

I am currently listening to some great music on my computer as I write this blog. I can create a playlist and start it playing. Then I sit back, write and enjoy the inspiring music. In this day and age with Ipods, MP3s, cell phones and tablets we have the option to carry with us hundreds even thousands of music titles and listen to them on the go.

One day this weekend I would like for you to not take your music with you. Instead I want you to dock your ipod or create a computer playlist, find a comfortable easy chair in your house, get something soothing to drink, sit back and escape for an hour in some of your favorite music.

Leaders need that time to just unwind and listening to your favorite music in a relaxing chair can help calm the most stressful situations.

Whether your music choice is classical, jazz, blues, rock, christian, rap, folk, country or a mix of many genres, spending time listening to your favorites will energize you for the coming work week. I occasionally listen to music at work to help me focus on a difficult task or an extensive project or assignment I am working on. Don't just leave the music for the weekends. Make it part of your daily life.

No comments: