Skip to main content

It's All About Football


It is that time of year when there is a cool nip in the air at night, school is back in session and the sound of shoulder pads crunch against each other are present throughout the country.
Football season is here and leaders can spend their weekends enjoying every level of football. If you like you can take in a local High School game on Friday, check out a college game on Saturday and enjoy an NFL game on Sunday.
On Friday I was leaving a school with my daughter who is on a swim team and from across the street you hear the announcer at the High School football game. What a relaxing time it is to sit back in the cool crisp air and watch those High School players playing their hearts out for their schools. They are our future leaders and leading on the gridiron helps them with their leadership growth.
On Saturday the next level of football occurs in Colleges and Universities. You can spend a sunny fall afternoon enjoying your favorite college team. You will have an opportunity to see that next generation of leaders playing hard for the school that has given them scholarships. However many want to be leaders in football and not business, they should stay in school then they will be true leaders.
On Sunday you could take in a pro game and watch the current football leaders. See how the game has changed from High School to College to the pros. Most of all spend the time getting away from your hectic leadership life and just relax and enjoy autumn’s greatest game. Summer is reserved for baseball but autumn is reserved for the gridiron. Get out and enjoy those games regardless of the level.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where Have I Been?

 The title of this article is apropos since I haven't blogged in almost 12 years. I plan to start this blog up again and try to blog on a consistent basis. I will also be broadening the topics that I write about. Be sure to subscribe so you can get notifications about when I post. So what have I been up to since that October day in 2013 when I made my last blog? Let me recap for you. When that post happened I was in the middle of my Toastmaster journey and I'm happy to say that I crossed the Toastmaster finish line by earning my DTM. I didn't continue in Toastmasters after that since I changed jobs and took my leadership skills to Mathnasium and started running a Mathnasium in Blaine MN in 2016. I got the opportunity to blend my education degree with my MBA and use it as the Director of the Mathnasium in Blaine. I also had the opportunity to be the director at one in St Louis Park and one in  Andover. I ran these until 2023 when I decided to go back into the classroom and t...

THUNDEROUS LEADERSHIP

This is a condensed version of a speech I gave. The clap of thunder, the flash of lightening, a storm is coming, are you prepared. Storms occur on a regular basis whether they are weather related or life related we have all encountered a storm at one time or another in our life. The question is “are you prepared and will you survive? In the movie “A Perfect Storm” George Clooney plays a captain of a fishing vessel that gets caught up in the storm of the century. He has to make a quick decision about what to do under the circumstances. He had to react to a situation and make the best decision possible for all parties involved. During these perfect storms of life, decisions like these can be life changing. People get caught off guard during the storms of life because they are either ill prepared or they lack the leadership to make positive life changing decisions. In order to survive these storms in life we must follow strong leaders or be a strong leader ourselves. I am goin...

Canada or Bust

 This week I'm on vacation in northern Minnesota. I want to share some sights and sounds of where I went and what I did. Every summer we go to Wilderness Point Resort in Pequot Lakes. During this time, my son always plans another side trip that he and I take. This year our side trip consisted of a trip to Rainy River in Ontario, Canada, along with several stops along the way. My son collects city halls he takes pictures of them and posts them on a discord server. Our first stop was a visit to the Walker, MN city hall. Along the way to Canada we also stopped and got city hall photos for the following cities: Cass Lake, Black Duck, and Kelliher.  A big highlight was getting out in Shooks and taking a picture at the Royal Shooks Motel. Shooks is an unincorporated community, but at the intersection of highways 1 and 72 is the hotel, conveniently located in the middle of nowhere. In Minnesota and the upper Midwest, there is the legend of Paul Bunyan. We like to visit as many of the...