Skip to main content

Integrity Intelligence

We have been looking at Ron Edmondson's five aspects of the heart of a leader. Yesterday we looked at imagination. Today our word is integrity. Ron Edmondson is using the story of Joseph from the old testament to show how Joseph had the heart of a leader. On my blog this week I am looking at each aspect and doing a deeper dive on each one. I really think what Ron Edmondson has presented is so true. If you want to be a true leader you need to have a heart for it these aspects truly define a leader a leader who has a heart for God and a heart for leadership.

5 Aspects of the Heart of a Leader

Integrity is defined as "a firm adherence to a code of especially moral or artistic values". Integrity is about values it is about adhereing to those values. Be careful however because values can be good or bad. I think most of us think about values as positive and that is what we are thinking about here. Adhereing to a code of ethics that are honest and trustworthy.

A leader needs to uphold their integrity and they must also define their values as positive and live by this positive code. A leader also needs to share those values with those they lead. They want to lead by example, living by their values and living a life full of integrity.

Some leaders get the idea that just because they are a leader that they are somehow above the law. They can do what they please and there is no recourse. Those leaders are not living a life of integrity. Their values have gone awry and they need to get back on track. If those they are leading follow in their footsteps then we would have anachry and the generally accepted moral code would be thrown out the window.

Are you a leader with integrity? Do you have a heart to lead? You need imagination and integrity, are you 2 for 2? 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where Have I Been?

 The title of this article is apropos since I haven't blogged in almost 12 years. I plan to start this blog up again and try to blog on a consistent basis. I will also be broadening the topics that I write about. Be sure to subscribe so you can get notifications about when I post. So what have I been up to since that October day in 2013 when I made my last blog? Let me recap for you. When that post happened I was in the middle of my Toastmaster journey and I'm happy to say that I crossed the Toastmaster finish line by earning my DTM. I didn't continue in Toastmasters after that since I changed jobs and took my leadership skills to Mathnasium and started running a Mathnasium in Blaine MN in 2016. I got the opportunity to blend my education degree with my MBA and use it as the Director of the Mathnasium in Blaine. I also had the opportunity to be the director at one in St Louis Park and one in  Andover. I ran these until 2023 when I decided to go back into the classroom and t...

Canada or Bust

 This week I'm on vacation in northern Minnesota. I want to share some sights and sounds of where I went and what I did. Every summer we go to Wilderness Point Resort in Pequot Lakes. During this time, my son always plans another side trip that he and I take. This year our side trip consisted of a trip to Rainy River in Ontario, Canada, along with several stops along the way. My son collects city halls he takes pictures of them and posts them on a discord server. Our first stop was a visit to the Walker, MN city hall. Along the way to Canada we also stopped and got city hall photos for the following cities: Cass Lake, Black Duck, and Kelliher.  A big highlight was getting out in Shooks and taking a picture at the Royal Shooks Motel. Shooks is an unincorporated community, but at the intersection of highways 1 and 72 is the hotel, conveniently located in the middle of nowhere. In Minnesota and the upper Midwest, there is the legend of Paul Bunyan. We like to visit as many of the...

THUNDEROUS LEADERSHIP

This is a condensed version of a speech I gave. The clap of thunder, the flash of lightening, a storm is coming, are you prepared. Storms occur on a regular basis whether they are weather related or life related we have all encountered a storm at one time or another in our life. The question is “are you prepared and will you survive? In the movie “A Perfect Storm” George Clooney plays a captain of a fishing vessel that gets caught up in the storm of the century. He has to make a quick decision about what to do under the circumstances. He had to react to a situation and make the best decision possible for all parties involved. During these perfect storms of life, decisions like these can be life changing. People get caught off guard during the storms of life because they are either ill prepared or they lack the leadership to make positive life changing decisions. In order to survive these storms in life we must follow strong leaders or be a strong leader ourselves. I am goin...