Skip to main content

A Higher Calling

Being a leader can be very rewarding especially when you can help others become leaders. Leading can also be a very difficult role and it has many challenges. That is why it is important that leaders continue to grow and find ways to grow. It is through growth that leaders become better.

You may find yourself being a leader at more places than just on your job. You may be a leader at home or at church. In all those areas you can find ways to grow your leadership skills.

The best way to grow your leadership skills is through your higher calling. Each of us have a higher calling through God and it is your faith in him and your spiritual life that will help you grow exponentially. You need to find out what your higher calling is and become a leader in that area.

Your faith is the most important aspect of your leadership role. You cannot be leader on your own you need to lean on the power of God. If you try to go it alone you will burn yourself out and you will end up making some mistakes.

Here are some things to do daily to stay focused on God and stay the course on your leadership and your higher calling.

  • Pray - Communicate daily with God. Don't do all the talking, spend some time listening.
  • Read God's Word - Spend time daily reading God's word.
  • Think about how God's word applies to your leadership.
  • Praise and Thanks - Give God praise and thanks for all He does to help you.

Your higher calling is God's plan for your future. Find out what it is and be a leader guided by God.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where Have I Been?

 The title of this article is apropos since I haven't blogged in almost 12 years. I plan to start this blog up again and try to blog on a consistent basis. I will also be broadening the topics that I write about. Be sure to subscribe so you can get notifications about when I post. So what have I been up to since that October day in 2013 when I made my last blog? Let me recap for you. When that post happened I was in the middle of my Toastmaster journey and I'm happy to say that I crossed the Toastmaster finish line by earning my DTM. I didn't continue in Toastmasters after that since I changed jobs and took my leadership skills to Mathnasium and started running a Mathnasium in Blaine MN in 2016. I got the opportunity to blend my education degree with my MBA and use it as the Director of the Mathnasium in Blaine. I also had the opportunity to be the director at one in St Louis Park and one in  Andover. I ran these until 2023 when I decided to go back into the classroom and t...

THUNDEROUS LEADERSHIP

This is a condensed version of a speech I gave. The clap of thunder, the flash of lightening, a storm is coming, are you prepared. Storms occur on a regular basis whether they are weather related or life related we have all encountered a storm at one time or another in our life. The question is “are you prepared and will you survive? In the movie “A Perfect Storm” George Clooney plays a captain of a fishing vessel that gets caught up in the storm of the century. He has to make a quick decision about what to do under the circumstances. He had to react to a situation and make the best decision possible for all parties involved. During these perfect storms of life, decisions like these can be life changing. People get caught off guard during the storms of life because they are either ill prepared or they lack the leadership to make positive life changing decisions. In order to survive these storms in life we must follow strong leaders or be a strong leader ourselves. I am goin...

Canada or Bust

 This week I'm on vacation in northern Minnesota. I want to share some sights and sounds of where I went and what I did. Every summer we go to Wilderness Point Resort in Pequot Lakes. During this time, my son always plans another side trip that he and I take. This year our side trip consisted of a trip to Rainy River in Ontario, Canada, along with several stops along the way. My son collects city halls he takes pictures of them and posts them on a discord server. Our first stop was a visit to the Walker, MN city hall. Along the way to Canada we also stopped and got city hall photos for the following cities: Cass Lake, Black Duck, and Kelliher.  A big highlight was getting out in Shooks and taking a picture at the Royal Shooks Motel. Shooks is an unincorporated community, but at the intersection of highways 1 and 72 is the hotel, conveniently located in the middle of nowhere. In Minnesota and the upper Midwest, there is the legend of Paul Bunyan. We like to visit as many of the...