Skip to main content

Apple of my i


A legend with reference to people are those who inspire a legend or become famous enough to have legendary fame. Leadership Legends are those leaders who are famous for doing something great in the area of leadership. They are or were leaders in their fields and trailblazers when it comes to innovation.
Yesterday I listed Ronald Reagan as my first person on my Leadership Legend list. Today is a man who died late last year at the age of 56 but his legend lives on in his innovative products and his remarkable marketing technique. This person is former Apple CEO Steve Jobs.
Resume:
·         Started Apple Computers

·         Became CEO of Apple

·         Started his own company NeXT Inc

·         Purchased Pixar

·         Become CEO of Apple part 2

Accomplishments:
·         Made computers available for the general public.

·         Reinvented Apple with products like ipod, ipad.

·         Became Disney’s largest shareholder when Disney bought Pixar.

·         Battled cancer

Not everything that Steve Jobs touched turned to gold. In fact NeXt Inc. didn’t do well and was bought by Apple. His first run as CEO of Apple started good but ended poorly. That is what makes Steve Jobs a leadership legend. He didn’t quit. He kept finding what worked until he got it right. That is the sign of a legend, a leadership legend.
Information and picture courtesy of biography.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where Have I Been?

 The title of this article is apropos since I haven't blogged in almost 12 years. I plan to start this blog up again and try to blog on a consistent basis. I will also be broadening the topics that I write about. Be sure to subscribe so you can get notifications about when I post. So what have I been up to since that October day in 2013 when I made my last blog? Let me recap for you. When that post happened I was in the middle of my Toastmaster journey and I'm happy to say that I crossed the Toastmaster finish line by earning my DTM. I didn't continue in Toastmasters after that since I changed jobs and took my leadership skills to Mathnasium and started running a Mathnasium in Blaine MN in 2016. I got the opportunity to blend my education degree with my MBA and use it as the Director of the Mathnasium in Blaine. I also had the opportunity to be the director at one in St Louis Park and one in  Andover. I ran these until 2023 when I decided to go back into the classroom and t...

THUNDEROUS LEADERSHIP

This is a condensed version of a speech I gave. The clap of thunder, the flash of lightening, a storm is coming, are you prepared. Storms occur on a regular basis whether they are weather related or life related we have all encountered a storm at one time or another in our life. The question is “are you prepared and will you survive? In the movie “A Perfect Storm” George Clooney plays a captain of a fishing vessel that gets caught up in the storm of the century. He has to make a quick decision about what to do under the circumstances. He had to react to a situation and make the best decision possible for all parties involved. During these perfect storms of life, decisions like these can be life changing. People get caught off guard during the storms of life because they are either ill prepared or they lack the leadership to make positive life changing decisions. In order to survive these storms in life we must follow strong leaders or be a strong leader ourselves. I am goin...

Canada or Bust

 This week I'm on vacation in northern Minnesota. I want to share some sights and sounds of where I went and what I did. Every summer we go to Wilderness Point Resort in Pequot Lakes. During this time, my son always plans another side trip that he and I take. This year our side trip consisted of a trip to Rainy River in Ontario, Canada, along with several stops along the way. My son collects city halls he takes pictures of them and posts them on a discord server. Our first stop was a visit to the Walker, MN city hall. Along the way to Canada we also stopped and got city hall photos for the following cities: Cass Lake, Black Duck, and Kelliher.  A big highlight was getting out in Shooks and taking a picture at the Royal Shooks Motel. Shooks is an unincorporated community, but at the intersection of highways 1 and 72 is the hotel, conveniently located in the middle of nowhere. In Minnesota and the upper Midwest, there is the legend of Paul Bunyan. We like to visit as many of the...