Skip to main content

Festival Friday


If you have been following my blog you know that it is about leadership but on the weekends write about fun things to do. I like to call it leisureship. Summer is here and part of the fabric of America is that on any given weekend during the summer you can find a festival to your liking. During the summer as part of my ongoing leisureship series I will point out some festivals. I will be writing about the ones primarily in Minnesota but regardless of where you live you can find a festival that will be similar.
Music festivals are one of the highlights of summer festivals and you can find one that suits your style anywhere and almost any weekend. How do you find what festival to attend. There is a website my wife found that lists the top 50 festivals in the United States.
One of the biggest and most famous festivals to occur in the United States was Woodstock. A big music festival going on this weekend in Manchester Tennessee, you still have time to attend, is the Bonnaroo Music andArts Festival.
In the Twin Cities where I live there is a music festival to fit my music likes. It is called the Joyful Noise Family Fest. It is a Christian music festival sponsored by KTIS. We went one year and the music was fantastic. The one thing you must be careful about when attending outdoor concerts is the weather. The year that we went the headliner was Nicole C. Mullin and by the time she hit the stage and started to perform tornado warnings blew and we had to take cover in one of the buildings.
We never did finish because of the rain and the storms but we enjoyed ourselves very much. I will not be attending tomorrow’s festival but will try to get back there in the near future.
Take some time this weekend to explore the many festivals you have available to you and check back often to my blog as I write about festivals I attend or would like to attend.
Please share some music festivals you have attended.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where Have I Been?

 The title of this article is apropos since I haven't blogged in almost 12 years. I plan to start this blog up again and try to blog on a consistent basis. I will also be broadening the topics that I write about. Be sure to subscribe so you can get notifications about when I post. So what have I been up to since that October day in 2013 when I made my last blog? Let me recap for you. When that post happened I was in the middle of my Toastmaster journey and I'm happy to say that I crossed the Toastmaster finish line by earning my DTM. I didn't continue in Toastmasters after that since I changed jobs and took my leadership skills to Mathnasium and started running a Mathnasium in Blaine MN in 2016. I got the opportunity to blend my education degree with my MBA and use it as the Director of the Mathnasium in Blaine. I also had the opportunity to be the director at one in St Louis Park and one in  Andover. I ran these until 2023 when I decided to go back into the classroom and t...

Canada or Bust

 This week I'm on vacation in northern Minnesota. I want to share some sights and sounds of where I went and what I did. Every summer we go to Wilderness Point Resort in Pequot Lakes. During this time, my son always plans another side trip that he and I take. This year our side trip consisted of a trip to Rainy River in Ontario, Canada, along with several stops along the way. My son collects city halls he takes pictures of them and posts them on a discord server. Our first stop was a visit to the Walker, MN city hall. Along the way to Canada we also stopped and got city hall photos for the following cities: Cass Lake, Black Duck, and Kelliher.  A big highlight was getting out in Shooks and taking a picture at the Royal Shooks Motel. Shooks is an unincorporated community, but at the intersection of highways 1 and 72 is the hotel, conveniently located in the middle of nowhere. In Minnesota and the upper Midwest, there is the legend of Paul Bunyan. We like to visit as many of the...

THUNDEROUS LEADERSHIP

This is a condensed version of a speech I gave. The clap of thunder, the flash of lightening, a storm is coming, are you prepared. Storms occur on a regular basis whether they are weather related or life related we have all encountered a storm at one time or another in our life. The question is “are you prepared and will you survive? In the movie “A Perfect Storm” George Clooney plays a captain of a fishing vessel that gets caught up in the storm of the century. He has to make a quick decision about what to do under the circumstances. He had to react to a situation and make the best decision possible for all parties involved. During these perfect storms of life, decisions like these can be life changing. People get caught off guard during the storms of life because they are either ill prepared or they lack the leadership to make positive life changing decisions. In order to survive these storms in life we must follow strong leaders or be a strong leader ourselves. I am goin...