Skip to main content

Social Networking


Social networking and social media is all the craze. Almost everyone is linked, tweeting, friending or joining circles. Social networking has allowed leaders to expand their networking quicker and become more strategic in who they network with. It has also allowed people to communicate to a wider audience and sometimes even a strategic audience.
While social networking isn’t a new technology the way we are networking is new. Utilizing websites like Facebook , Twitter, Linkedin and others have helped people connect with long lost friends and relatives. It has also helped people network for jobs and business opportunities. Small businesses can connect to potential customers in ways they never used to be able to do.
Today I am comparing leadership with the three networking sites. What type of social networking leader are you? 
  • If you are a Linkedin Leader you are very professional. You like to keep your networking to professional people only. You also conduct business very professionally and you expect a professional attitude from those around you. You are also the type of leader who is willing to help others after all that is what networking really is all about. What can you do for others not what they can do for you.
  • If you are a Facebook leader you are very social. You value work but you value your personal life just as much. You also create a fun atmosphere around your company but you do expect work to be done and jobs to be completed. You like keeping your friends close.
  • If you are a Twitter leader you like to do things in short segments. You expect things to get done quickly and accurately. Your communication with others is short and sweet. You also don’t mince words. You expect others to get to the point when communicating with you.

What kind of social networking leader are you?

Comments

Unknown said…
Yes, I agree with your discussion. social networking website one stop hub for latest information hunters.
Billy Black said…
Through the help of social networking, it is easy for most of the business to market and sales their products online.

Popular posts from this blog

Where Have I Been?

 The title of this article is apropos since I haven't blogged in almost 12 years. I plan to start this blog up again and try to blog on a consistent basis. I will also be broadening the topics that I write about. Be sure to subscribe so you can get notifications about when I post. So what have I been up to since that October day in 2013 when I made my last blog? Let me recap for you. When that post happened I was in the middle of my Toastmaster journey and I'm happy to say that I crossed the Toastmaster finish line by earning my DTM. I didn't continue in Toastmasters after that since I changed jobs and took my leadership skills to Mathnasium and started running a Mathnasium in Blaine MN in 2016. I got the opportunity to blend my education degree with my MBA and use it as the Director of the Mathnasium in Blaine. I also had the opportunity to be the director at one in St Louis Park and one in  Andover. I ran these until 2023 when I decided to go back into the classroom and t...

THUNDEROUS LEADERSHIP

This is a condensed version of a speech I gave. The clap of thunder, the flash of lightening, a storm is coming, are you prepared. Storms occur on a regular basis whether they are weather related or life related we have all encountered a storm at one time or another in our life. The question is “are you prepared and will you survive? In the movie “A Perfect Storm” George Clooney plays a captain of a fishing vessel that gets caught up in the storm of the century. He has to make a quick decision about what to do under the circumstances. He had to react to a situation and make the best decision possible for all parties involved. During these perfect storms of life, decisions like these can be life changing. People get caught off guard during the storms of life because they are either ill prepared or they lack the leadership to make positive life changing decisions. In order to survive these storms in life we must follow strong leaders or be a strong leader ourselves. I am goin...

Canada or Bust

 This week I'm on vacation in northern Minnesota. I want to share some sights and sounds of where I went and what I did. Every summer we go to Wilderness Point Resort in Pequot Lakes. During this time, my son always plans another side trip that he and I take. This year our side trip consisted of a trip to Rainy River in Ontario, Canada, along with several stops along the way. My son collects city halls he takes pictures of them and posts them on a discord server. Our first stop was a visit to the Walker, MN city hall. Along the way to Canada we also stopped and got city hall photos for the following cities: Cass Lake, Black Duck, and Kelliher.  A big highlight was getting out in Shooks and taking a picture at the Royal Shooks Motel. Shooks is an unincorporated community, but at the intersection of highways 1 and 72 is the hotel, conveniently located in the middle of nowhere. In Minnesota and the upper Midwest, there is the legend of Paul Bunyan. We like to visit as many of the...