Skip to main content

Are You A Legend?

There have been many books written, seminars given and speeches listened to that involve leadership. For every person that is out there talking and discussing leadership there is the same number of ideas about leadership. Each of us have a duty as leaders to share our knowledge and expertise in the area of leadership.

I started this blog with the intent to share my insights into leadership. Sometimes what I say might click other times it might miss the mark. That doesn’t mean if it misses the mark for you that it didn’t click for someone else. Through this blog I have presented many different leadership styles and comparisons. I’ve looked at articles and discussed those as well. I have even devoted time to leisure, after all leaders need time to decompress and the weekends are spent exploring ways a leader can enjoy leisure.
I am currently creating a Legends of Leadership page. Through this I highlight people who are legends in their leadership. I want to include those people you see leading in their everyday lives. I currently have four people I have highlighted as legends, Ronald Reagan, Steve Jobs, Jane Addams and Stephen Covey.
If you know of someone you want to nominate or have me put in my blog and eventually on my Legends page send me their contact information. What I am looking for is four or five bullet points that I call their resume, this is leadership positions they have held or leadership awards they have won. I also need 4 or 5 bullet points that highlight their accomplishments. Then most of all why you think they should be consider a legend of leadership. What did they do to impact leadership?
Famous people are okay but we really want those leaders who are “everyday people” making an impact on those around them. Let me know who has touched your leadership life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where Have I Been?

 The title of this article is apropos since I haven't blogged in almost 12 years. I plan to start this blog up again and try to blog on a consistent basis. I will also be broadening the topics that I write about. Be sure to subscribe so you can get notifications about when I post. So what have I been up to since that October day in 2013 when I made my last blog? Let me recap for you. When that post happened I was in the middle of my Toastmaster journey and I'm happy to say that I crossed the Toastmaster finish line by earning my DTM. I didn't continue in Toastmasters after that since I changed jobs and took my leadership skills to Mathnasium and started running a Mathnasium in Blaine MN in 2016. I got the opportunity to blend my education degree with my MBA and use it as the Director of the Mathnasium in Blaine. I also had the opportunity to be the director at one in St Louis Park and one in  Andover. I ran these until 2023 when I decided to go back into the classroom and t...

THUNDEROUS LEADERSHIP

This is a condensed version of a speech I gave. The clap of thunder, the flash of lightening, a storm is coming, are you prepared. Storms occur on a regular basis whether they are weather related or life related we have all encountered a storm at one time or another in our life. The question is “are you prepared and will you survive? In the movie “A Perfect Storm” George Clooney plays a captain of a fishing vessel that gets caught up in the storm of the century. He has to make a quick decision about what to do under the circumstances. He had to react to a situation and make the best decision possible for all parties involved. During these perfect storms of life, decisions like these can be life changing. People get caught off guard during the storms of life because they are either ill prepared or they lack the leadership to make positive life changing decisions. In order to survive these storms in life we must follow strong leaders or be a strong leader ourselves. I am goin...

Canada or Bust

 This week I'm on vacation in northern Minnesota. I want to share some sights and sounds of where I went and what I did. Every summer we go to Wilderness Point Resort in Pequot Lakes. During this time, my son always plans another side trip that he and I take. This year our side trip consisted of a trip to Rainy River in Ontario, Canada, along with several stops along the way. My son collects city halls he takes pictures of them and posts them on a discord server. Our first stop was a visit to the Walker, MN city hall. Along the way to Canada we also stopped and got city hall photos for the following cities: Cass Lake, Black Duck, and Kelliher.  A big highlight was getting out in Shooks and taking a picture at the Royal Shooks Motel. Shooks is an unincorporated community, but at the intersection of highways 1 and 72 is the hotel, conveniently located in the middle of nowhere. In Minnesota and the upper Midwest, there is the legend of Paul Bunyan. We like to visit as many of the...