Skip to main content

More Festivals on Friday

It is Friday and I will be taking a look at three more festivals from around the country. The states of choice this week are Minnesota (my home state), New York and California.

Minnesota - More Festivals in Minnesota

WHAT: Anoka Riverfest and Craft Fair
WHERE: Anoka
WHEN: July 14th

One of the Twin Cities largest summer craft events, drawing in over 15,000 people. With over 140 juried artisans and crafters, a variety of creative and original work will be available including; jewelry, glasswork, pottery, paintings, woodwork and much more. Families can enjoy free riverboat rides on the Rum and Mississippi Rivers, live music on two stages, plenty of food and much more.

New York - More Festivals in New York

WHAT: Return of the Big 6
WHERE: Auburn/Finger Lakes
WHEN: July 12 - 15

Sponsored by the Museum and Cayuga County 4-H Youth and Adult oriented activities. Daily events opening ceremony, 4-H dog show, kiss a calf contest, kids coloring contest, face painting, animals on display, craft & projects on display, bounce houses, farm equipment and much more. Food available.

California - More Festivals in California

WHAT: Annual Citrus Festival
WHERE: Ventura
WHEN: July 13 - 15

“Known as the “Citrus Capital of the World” because of its expansive lemon and orange orchards, the City of Santa Paula celebrates the fruit of California every year with the popular Kiwanis Citrus Festival. The 42nd Annual Kiwanis Citrus Festival’s theme this year is “Sweet Fruit, Sweet Life” and is a full weekend of headline entertainment, carnival rides, a downtown parade, car show, citrus and avocado pavilion, specialty foods, arts and crafts vendors, family fun stage, and fruity fun and games.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where Have I Been?

 The title of this article is apropos since I haven't blogged in almost 12 years. I plan to start this blog up again and try to blog on a consistent basis. I will also be broadening the topics that I write about. Be sure to subscribe so you can get notifications about when I post. So what have I been up to since that October day in 2013 when I made my last blog? Let me recap for you. When that post happened I was in the middle of my Toastmaster journey and I'm happy to say that I crossed the Toastmaster finish line by earning my DTM. I didn't continue in Toastmasters after that since I changed jobs and took my leadership skills to Mathnasium and started running a Mathnasium in Blaine MN in 2016. I got the opportunity to blend my education degree with my MBA and use it as the Director of the Mathnasium in Blaine. I also had the opportunity to be the director at one in St Louis Park and one in  Andover. I ran these until 2023 when I decided to go back into the classroom and t...

THUNDEROUS LEADERSHIP

This is a condensed version of a speech I gave. The clap of thunder, the flash of lightening, a storm is coming, are you prepared. Storms occur on a regular basis whether they are weather related or life related we have all encountered a storm at one time or another in our life. The question is “are you prepared and will you survive? In the movie “A Perfect Storm” George Clooney plays a captain of a fishing vessel that gets caught up in the storm of the century. He has to make a quick decision about what to do under the circumstances. He had to react to a situation and make the best decision possible for all parties involved. During these perfect storms of life, decisions like these can be life changing. People get caught off guard during the storms of life because they are either ill prepared or they lack the leadership to make positive life changing decisions. In order to survive these storms in life we must follow strong leaders or be a strong leader ourselves. I am goin...

Canada or Bust

 This week I'm on vacation in northern Minnesota. I want to share some sights and sounds of where I went and what I did. Every summer we go to Wilderness Point Resort in Pequot Lakes. During this time, my son always plans another side trip that he and I take. This year our side trip consisted of a trip to Rainy River in Ontario, Canada, along with several stops along the way. My son collects city halls he takes pictures of them and posts them on a discord server. Our first stop was a visit to the Walker, MN city hall. Along the way to Canada we also stopped and got city hall photos for the following cities: Cass Lake, Black Duck, and Kelliher.  A big highlight was getting out in Shooks and taking a picture at the Royal Shooks Motel. Shooks is an unincorporated community, but at the intersection of highways 1 and 72 is the hotel, conveniently located in the middle of nowhere. In Minnesota and the upper Midwest, there is the legend of Paul Bunyan. We like to visit as many of the...