Skip to main content

Festival Friday

If it is Friday it must be another look at Festivals. Today I will continue the trend of looking at a festival in Minnesota and two other states. Today it will be Alabama and New Mexico.

How many of you remember the Little House on the Prairie books? Part of those books took place in Minnesota. To kick off our festival frenzy we will visit Walnut Grove Minnesota.

Minnesota - More Minnesota Festivals

Wilder Pageant
Walnut Grove Minnesota.
When: The next three weekends

Outdoor drama based on life of author Laura Ingalls Wilder in Walnut Grove in the 1870's. A totally live production, with all characters from the Walnut Grove area. Hillside amphitheater has been developed to allow for extensive lighting, sound and special effects.

Alabama - More Alabama Festivals

38th Annual World Championship Domino Tournament
Andalusia Alabama
When: July 13th - 14th

More than 300 people will participate in this tournament filled with fun, fellowship and competition for all ages. More than $20,000 in cash and trophies awarded. Fri. & Sat.; Registration 6:30 a.m.; Game begins 8 a.m., sweepstakes drawings, Sat., 7 p.m.

New Mexico - More New Mexico Festivals

'Biennale Grande' Juried Art Show and Exhibit
Ruidoso Downs New Mexico
When: July 6th - 8th

The Hubbard Museum of the American West is proud to announce the opening of its 2nd “Biennale Grande” art show and exhibit in the Museum’s Green Tree Gallery. Original art from some of New Mexico’s best artists will be on display. The Biennale Grande is a juried fine arts competition that seeks to recognize and honor excellence in the contemporary visual arts of the American West. Thirty-nine (39) artists, representing 54 pieces of original art, were selected as finalists for the show. These artists and their works will benefit from regional recognition and exposure through New Mexico’s first Smithsonian Affiliate museum, as well as the opportunity to sell their work(s) during the exhibition.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where Have I Been?

 The title of this article is apropos since I haven't blogged in almost 12 years. I plan to start this blog up again and try to blog on a consistent basis. I will also be broadening the topics that I write about. Be sure to subscribe so you can get notifications about when I post. So what have I been up to since that October day in 2013 when I made my last blog? Let me recap for you. When that post happened I was in the middle of my Toastmaster journey and I'm happy to say that I crossed the Toastmaster finish line by earning my DTM. I didn't continue in Toastmasters after that since I changed jobs and took my leadership skills to Mathnasium and started running a Mathnasium in Blaine MN in 2016. I got the opportunity to blend my education degree with my MBA and use it as the Director of the Mathnasium in Blaine. I also had the opportunity to be the director at one in St Louis Park and one in  Andover. I ran these until 2023 when I decided to go back into the classroom and t...

THUNDEROUS LEADERSHIP

This is a condensed version of a speech I gave. The clap of thunder, the flash of lightening, a storm is coming, are you prepared. Storms occur on a regular basis whether they are weather related or life related we have all encountered a storm at one time or another in our life. The question is “are you prepared and will you survive? In the movie “A Perfect Storm” George Clooney plays a captain of a fishing vessel that gets caught up in the storm of the century. He has to make a quick decision about what to do under the circumstances. He had to react to a situation and make the best decision possible for all parties involved. During these perfect storms of life, decisions like these can be life changing. People get caught off guard during the storms of life because they are either ill prepared or they lack the leadership to make positive life changing decisions. In order to survive these storms in life we must follow strong leaders or be a strong leader ourselves. I am goin...

Canada or Bust

 This week I'm on vacation in northern Minnesota. I want to share some sights and sounds of where I went and what I did. Every summer we go to Wilderness Point Resort in Pequot Lakes. During this time, my son always plans another side trip that he and I take. This year our side trip consisted of a trip to Rainy River in Ontario, Canada, along with several stops along the way. My son collects city halls he takes pictures of them and posts them on a discord server. Our first stop was a visit to the Walker, MN city hall. Along the way to Canada we also stopped and got city hall photos for the following cities: Cass Lake, Black Duck, and Kelliher.  A big highlight was getting out in Shooks and taking a picture at the Royal Shooks Motel. Shooks is an unincorporated community, but at the intersection of highways 1 and 72 is the hotel, conveniently located in the middle of nowhere. In Minnesota and the upper Midwest, there is the legend of Paul Bunyan. We like to visit as many of the...