Skip to main content

1940s Leadership

We made it through the troubled times of the 1930s. But as we enter the 1940s most of the world is at war. America has yet to enter World War II but it is only December 1941 when the Empire of Japan attacks Pearl Harbor. This forced the United States into World War II and we would fight on two fronts the Pacific and the European. Most of the first half of the 1940s was spent at war.

Out of this war came some positives. The creation and invention of computers, nuclear power and jet propulsion were created for the war but the capabilities of each of them have last and even become more sophisticated and refined. Another positive from the war was the sacrifices made by everyone for the sake of the cause and also a coming together as one to make the most of a tough situation. Many professional athletes suspended their careers during the 40s all in an effort to serve the country.

What kind of leader are you if you are a 1940s leader? This is the type of leader who will suddenly find themselves in the middle of battles between other people. They will eventually be pulled into those battles and that leader may suffer much because of their involvement in those company battles.

This is a leader who despite being thrown into situations will find themselves creating things that will help them or others out of the situation. What they create becomes a lasting fixture with the framework of the company or even society as a whole. Think of it as someone who is caught in a battle between two people within their company and this leader is able to come up with a process solution to end the battle. That process however is important and continues to be used long after the initial battle is finished.

The 1940s leader also is someone who sacrifices much for the greater good. They are also able to rally together like minded people to solve the problems and create better innovations.

The 1940s leader is a mediator who sets aside their own ideals and pursuits for the success of others. They also are outside the box thinkers who can come up with lasting solutions that become better over time.

Are you a 1940s leader? Do you have the mediator mentality? Are you willing to sacrifice your own time and efforts to help those who are embattled.

Thanks to Wikipedia for the 1940s facts and the picture.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where Have I Been?

 The title of this article is apropos since I haven't blogged in almost 12 years. I plan to start this blog up again and try to blog on a consistent basis. I will also be broadening the topics that I write about. Be sure to subscribe so you can get notifications about when I post. So what have I been up to since that October day in 2013 when I made my last blog? Let me recap for you. When that post happened I was in the middle of my Toastmaster journey and I'm happy to say that I crossed the Toastmaster finish line by earning my DTM. I didn't continue in Toastmasters after that since I changed jobs and took my leadership skills to Mathnasium and started running a Mathnasium in Blaine MN in 2016. I got the opportunity to blend my education degree with my MBA and use it as the Director of the Mathnasium in Blaine. I also had the opportunity to be the director at one in St Louis Park and one in  Andover. I ran these until 2023 when I decided to go back into the classroom and t...

THUNDEROUS LEADERSHIP

This is a condensed version of a speech I gave. The clap of thunder, the flash of lightening, a storm is coming, are you prepared. Storms occur on a regular basis whether they are weather related or life related we have all encountered a storm at one time or another in our life. The question is “are you prepared and will you survive? In the movie “A Perfect Storm” George Clooney plays a captain of a fishing vessel that gets caught up in the storm of the century. He has to make a quick decision about what to do under the circumstances. He had to react to a situation and make the best decision possible for all parties involved. During these perfect storms of life, decisions like these can be life changing. People get caught off guard during the storms of life because they are either ill prepared or they lack the leadership to make positive life changing decisions. In order to survive these storms in life we must follow strong leaders or be a strong leader ourselves. I am goin...

Canada or Bust

 This week I'm on vacation in northern Minnesota. I want to share some sights and sounds of where I went and what I did. Every summer we go to Wilderness Point Resort in Pequot Lakes. During this time, my son always plans another side trip that he and I take. This year our side trip consisted of a trip to Rainy River in Ontario, Canada, along with several stops along the way. My son collects city halls he takes pictures of them and posts them on a discord server. Our first stop was a visit to the Walker, MN city hall. Along the way to Canada we also stopped and got city hall photos for the following cities: Cass Lake, Black Duck, and Kelliher.  A big highlight was getting out in Shooks and taking a picture at the Royal Shooks Motel. Shooks is an unincorporated community, but at the intersection of highways 1 and 72 is the hotel, conveniently located in the middle of nowhere. In Minnesota and the upper Midwest, there is the legend of Paul Bunyan. We like to visit as many of the...