Skip to main content

Green Jackets

This weekend it is time to relax and watch some golf. One of the greatest golf events ever will be on this weekend and it is a good time to remove yourself from the leadership grind and watch the Masters.

For the past few years I have been involved in best ball fantasy golf on ESPN.com you get to pick four golfers and you can switch out after each round if you want. It is only for the four majors. That makes this weekend the first tournament to participate in. It gives me a little vested interest in watching and making sure my golfers are doing well.

It is also that time of year when the weather is getting nicer, especially here in Minnesota. Then you can go out and play a round of golf. This weekend relax and enjoy watching the Masters. If watching golf isn't your thing maybe paying is more enjoyable.


Taken by me at the PGA Championship at Hazeltine
Who is your favorite golfer? Are you still a Woods fan, hoping to see him break Jack's record for majors? Are you a fan of Phil who made a charge today and is in the hunt. Or do you prefer a newcomer or one of the youngsters? Whoever you are rooting for it is always a pleasure to watch the Masters and watch the drama unfold.

It is almost like leadership. Sometimes leaders need to play it safe or take a risk. Sometimes they have to step aside and let a youngster take over. This weekend is not the time to reflect on golf and leadership. Instead it is a time to just enjoy the beauty of the game.

Fore!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where Have I Been?

 The title of this article is apropos since I haven't blogged in almost 12 years. I plan to start this blog up again and try to blog on a consistent basis. I will also be broadening the topics that I write about. Be sure to subscribe so you can get notifications about when I post. So what have I been up to since that October day in 2013 when I made my last blog? Let me recap for you. When that post happened I was in the middle of my Toastmaster journey and I'm happy to say that I crossed the Toastmaster finish line by earning my DTM. I didn't continue in Toastmasters after that since I changed jobs and took my leadership skills to Mathnasium and started running a Mathnasium in Blaine MN in 2016. I got the opportunity to blend my education degree with my MBA and use it as the Director of the Mathnasium in Blaine. I also had the opportunity to be the director at one in St Louis Park and one in  Andover. I ran these until 2023 when I decided to go back into the classroom and t...

THUNDEROUS LEADERSHIP

This is a condensed version of a speech I gave. The clap of thunder, the flash of lightening, a storm is coming, are you prepared. Storms occur on a regular basis whether they are weather related or life related we have all encountered a storm at one time or another in our life. The question is “are you prepared and will you survive? In the movie “A Perfect Storm” George Clooney plays a captain of a fishing vessel that gets caught up in the storm of the century. He has to make a quick decision about what to do under the circumstances. He had to react to a situation and make the best decision possible for all parties involved. During these perfect storms of life, decisions like these can be life changing. People get caught off guard during the storms of life because they are either ill prepared or they lack the leadership to make positive life changing decisions. In order to survive these storms in life we must follow strong leaders or be a strong leader ourselves. I am goin...

Canada or Bust

 This week I'm on vacation in northern Minnesota. I want to share some sights and sounds of where I went and what I did. Every summer we go to Wilderness Point Resort in Pequot Lakes. During this time, my son always plans another side trip that he and I take. This year our side trip consisted of a trip to Rainy River in Ontario, Canada, along with several stops along the way. My son collects city halls he takes pictures of them and posts them on a discord server. Our first stop was a visit to the Walker, MN city hall. Along the way to Canada we also stopped and got city hall photos for the following cities: Cass Lake, Black Duck, and Kelliher.  A big highlight was getting out in Shooks and taking a picture at the Royal Shooks Motel. Shooks is an unincorporated community, but at the intersection of highways 1 and 72 is the hotel, conveniently located in the middle of nowhere. In Minnesota and the upper Midwest, there is the legend of Paul Bunyan. We like to visit as many of the...