Skip to main content

Right Remembrance


I hope you had a great and relaxing weekend. After a two blog break where I looked at some leisure activities you can do it is time to get back into the leadership discussion. I have been looking at five ways to create your leadership brand. It is an article written on the Harvard Business Review, I suggest you read it.

Today I am going to look at the second step, what do you want to be known for? As is my norm I will take this great article and put my own spin to it. We will be looking at each of the steps through the three Cs, company, customers, and community.
 
  • Company – What do you want to do that will make an impact on your company. Look at the year ahead and as you plan what you want to do evaluate whether they will leave a lasting image for the company. You want to make sure that after you leave the company there will still be things the company remembers you by.
  • Customers – Determine what you can do that will make an impact on your customers. What can you do that will leave them wanting more? Remember you are trying to create a brand. You want your customers to remember that brand in a positive way. What you do is how they will remember you.
  • Community – Community are those in the rank and file, co-workers and employees. You need to leave them with a lasting memory. Make sure it is positive. Let them remember that you were a great leader. Make sure what you do is unique and will leave that impression.

What do you want to be known for? Think of some famous brands, what are they known for? Coca-cola, Nike, General Mills, and Mercedes Benz, are just a few of the millions of brands that are out there and recognizable for their products. Make sure you are the leader in your area and that you become the Mercedes Benz of what you do.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where Have I Been?

 The title of this article is apropos since I haven't blogged in almost 12 years. I plan to start this blog up again and try to blog on a consistent basis. I will also be broadening the topics that I write about. Be sure to subscribe so you can get notifications about when I post. So what have I been up to since that October day in 2013 when I made my last blog? Let me recap for you. When that post happened I was in the middle of my Toastmaster journey and I'm happy to say that I crossed the Toastmaster finish line by earning my DTM. I didn't continue in Toastmasters after that since I changed jobs and took my leadership skills to Mathnasium and started running a Mathnasium in Blaine MN in 2016. I got the opportunity to blend my education degree with my MBA and use it as the Director of the Mathnasium in Blaine. I also had the opportunity to be the director at one in St Louis Park and one in  Andover. I ran these until 2023 when I decided to go back into the classroom and t...

THUNDEROUS LEADERSHIP

This is a condensed version of a speech I gave. The clap of thunder, the flash of lightening, a storm is coming, are you prepared. Storms occur on a regular basis whether they are weather related or life related we have all encountered a storm at one time or another in our life. The question is “are you prepared and will you survive? In the movie “A Perfect Storm” George Clooney plays a captain of a fishing vessel that gets caught up in the storm of the century. He has to make a quick decision about what to do under the circumstances. He had to react to a situation and make the best decision possible for all parties involved. During these perfect storms of life, decisions like these can be life changing. People get caught off guard during the storms of life because they are either ill prepared or they lack the leadership to make positive life changing decisions. In order to survive these storms in life we must follow strong leaders or be a strong leader ourselves. I am goin...

Canada or Bust

 This week I'm on vacation in northern Minnesota. I want to share some sights and sounds of where I went and what I did. Every summer we go to Wilderness Point Resort in Pequot Lakes. During this time, my son always plans another side trip that he and I take. This year our side trip consisted of a trip to Rainy River in Ontario, Canada, along with several stops along the way. My son collects city halls he takes pictures of them and posts them on a discord server. Our first stop was a visit to the Walker, MN city hall. Along the way to Canada we also stopped and got city hall photos for the following cities: Cass Lake, Black Duck, and Kelliher.  A big highlight was getting out in Shooks and taking a picture at the Royal Shooks Motel. Shooks is an unincorporated community, but at the intersection of highways 1 and 72 is the hotel, conveniently located in the middle of nowhere. In Minnesota and the upper Midwest, there is the legend of Paul Bunyan. We like to visit as many of the...