Skip to main content

Saving Memories

Now that you have spent some time taking photos what do you do with those photos. It used to be you had to take the film in to get developed and then you would get your pictures back and most people put them in boxes. Some put them in albums. This day and age of digital photography people are leaving them on the camera, their computer or a disk. Many people don't do anything with those pictures.

Maybe you are the type of person who likes to create memory books or scrapbooks so you have your trips, special occasions or family photos organized into a neat little book. If so maybe spend some of your leisure time this weekend creating those memory books.

My daughter loves to create memory books on Shutterfly and she has done a couple of them. She is very good and putting those photos together and creating a caption. Personally I think it is much easier to do the memory book at Shutterfly than it is to sit down and scrapbook with scissors and paper. There are however many people who love this type of memory making and it can be a great way to escape the rat race of leadership.

There are a number of sites for scrap booking that are available since I am not an expert I would like my readers to chime in and supply some good scrapbook sites. Leave a comment with your favorite scrapbook site and others will be able to read it.

There are also a number of websites like Shutterfly and memory books are not the only thing they allow you to create. You can put photos on a number of things including greeting cards and announcements. There is a new site available. They don't allow you to create memory books but if you are in need of announcements, greeting cards or invitations try Wishing Tree Designs. It is created by the company I work for and we have a family and friends deal going on. After you visit the site let me know what you think.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where Have I Been?

 The title of this article is apropos since I haven't blogged in almost 12 years. I plan to start this blog up again and try to blog on a consistent basis. I will also be broadening the topics that I write about. Be sure to subscribe so you can get notifications about when I post. So what have I been up to since that October day in 2013 when I made my last blog? Let me recap for you. When that post happened I was in the middle of my Toastmaster journey and I'm happy to say that I crossed the Toastmaster finish line by earning my DTM. I didn't continue in Toastmasters after that since I changed jobs and took my leadership skills to Mathnasium and started running a Mathnasium in Blaine MN in 2016. I got the opportunity to blend my education degree with my MBA and use it as the Director of the Mathnasium in Blaine. I also had the opportunity to be the director at one in St Louis Park and one in  Andover. I ran these until 2023 when I decided to go back into the classroom and t...

THUNDEROUS LEADERSHIP

This is a condensed version of a speech I gave. The clap of thunder, the flash of lightening, a storm is coming, are you prepared. Storms occur on a regular basis whether they are weather related or life related we have all encountered a storm at one time or another in our life. The question is “are you prepared and will you survive? In the movie “A Perfect Storm” George Clooney plays a captain of a fishing vessel that gets caught up in the storm of the century. He has to make a quick decision about what to do under the circumstances. He had to react to a situation and make the best decision possible for all parties involved. During these perfect storms of life, decisions like these can be life changing. People get caught off guard during the storms of life because they are either ill prepared or they lack the leadership to make positive life changing decisions. In order to survive these storms in life we must follow strong leaders or be a strong leader ourselves. I am goin...

Canada or Bust

 This week I'm on vacation in northern Minnesota. I want to share some sights and sounds of where I went and what I did. Every summer we go to Wilderness Point Resort in Pequot Lakes. During this time, my son always plans another side trip that he and I take. This year our side trip consisted of a trip to Rainy River in Ontario, Canada, along with several stops along the way. My son collects city halls he takes pictures of them and posts them on a discord server. Our first stop was a visit to the Walker, MN city hall. Along the way to Canada we also stopped and got city hall photos for the following cities: Cass Lake, Black Duck, and Kelliher.  A big highlight was getting out in Shooks and taking a picture at the Royal Shooks Motel. Shooks is an unincorporated community, but at the intersection of highways 1 and 72 is the hotel, conveniently located in the middle of nowhere. In Minnesota and the upper Midwest, there is the legend of Paul Bunyan. We like to visit as many of the...