Skip to main content

Community Center

Trying to relax on the weekend can become a challenge because you have to fit everything in that you can't get done during the week and you still want to spend time with your family. Today I had to get up early and my son and I had to attend Little League Opening day. Then after the parade we had to play a game. It was a pretty busy morning. After this one of my daughters had to be run to her grandmas house with a friend so they could go to the mall. The other daughter was having a party at the Maple Grove Community Center. I ran there with my son to spend the last hour at the center.

Courtesy Maple Grove Community Center
The place was a buzz with activity. As the rain poured down outside the young the old and the families were spending time swimming, spending time in the indoor playground or in the gymnasium. There is a lot to do at these community centers and communities all over are spending money to build these commmunity centers.

They are a great place to have parties, many have party rooms that you can rent, then spend time using the facilities. You can purchase yearly memberships that allow you access to the facilities. These community centers are great places to take your family. Many have pools some with water slides. The maple Grove community center has a concession stand and an indoor ice rink.

A community center is a place you can take your family and spend the whole day and never get bored. If you are looking for a great way to relax from the stress filled week of leadership then spend a day with your family at a community center near you. You might come away thinking "that wasn't relaxing", that is because kids will be yelling and enjoying themselves. Don't stress out over it but sit back and enjoy the sounds of joy and fun from your family. Don't just sit back, get involved and have some fun yourself, afterall you deserve it.

What is your favorite thing to do at a community center?

For more information on the Maple Grove Community Center please follow this link.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where Have I Been?

 The title of this article is apropos since I haven't blogged in almost 12 years. I plan to start this blog up again and try to blog on a consistent basis. I will also be broadening the topics that I write about. Be sure to subscribe so you can get notifications about when I post. So what have I been up to since that October day in 2013 when I made my last blog? Let me recap for you. When that post happened I was in the middle of my Toastmaster journey and I'm happy to say that I crossed the Toastmaster finish line by earning my DTM. I didn't continue in Toastmasters after that since I changed jobs and took my leadership skills to Mathnasium and started running a Mathnasium in Blaine MN in 2016. I got the opportunity to blend my education degree with my MBA and use it as the Director of the Mathnasium in Blaine. I also had the opportunity to be the director at one in St Louis Park and one in  Andover. I ran these until 2023 when I decided to go back into the classroom and t...

THUNDEROUS LEADERSHIP

This is a condensed version of a speech I gave. The clap of thunder, the flash of lightening, a storm is coming, are you prepared. Storms occur on a regular basis whether they are weather related or life related we have all encountered a storm at one time or another in our life. The question is “are you prepared and will you survive? In the movie “A Perfect Storm” George Clooney plays a captain of a fishing vessel that gets caught up in the storm of the century. He has to make a quick decision about what to do under the circumstances. He had to react to a situation and make the best decision possible for all parties involved. During these perfect storms of life, decisions like these can be life changing. People get caught off guard during the storms of life because they are either ill prepared or they lack the leadership to make positive life changing decisions. In order to survive these storms in life we must follow strong leaders or be a strong leader ourselves. I am goin...

Canada or Bust

 This week I'm on vacation in northern Minnesota. I want to share some sights and sounds of where I went and what I did. Every summer we go to Wilderness Point Resort in Pequot Lakes. During this time, my son always plans another side trip that he and I take. This year our side trip consisted of a trip to Rainy River in Ontario, Canada, along with several stops along the way. My son collects city halls he takes pictures of them and posts them on a discord server. Our first stop was a visit to the Walker, MN city hall. Along the way to Canada we also stopped and got city hall photos for the following cities: Cass Lake, Black Duck, and Kelliher.  A big highlight was getting out in Shooks and taking a picture at the Royal Shooks Motel. Shooks is an unincorporated community, but at the intersection of highways 1 and 72 is the hotel, conveniently located in the middle of nowhere. In Minnesota and the upper Midwest, there is the legend of Paul Bunyan. We like to visit as many of the...