Skip to main content

Leadership Friday

Friday, the end of the work week for many but not all of us. At some companies it is casual day a time to dresss down instead of business casual. Do you change the way you lead on Friday?

Today's blog is about your leadership perspective on Fridays. I am not advocating you change your leadership style or how you lead just because it it Friday. It is possible to take care of some things on Friday that you might not during the other days of the week. Make Friday your clean house day. Head into the weekend with some loose ends completed.

Perspective is how you see things. Each leader may see things differently and may make certain tasks more important than other tasks. What I would like to give you in this blog are some things you can do on a Friday that will help make the rest of your leadership week easier.

  • Clean up your email box – Delete unnecessary emails and answer those that need attention.
  • Finish a project – Set your completion dates on projects for a Friday.
  • Hold update meetings – Hold your update meetings for your employees so they can update you on the week and focus on the next week.
  • To do list – Make a to-do list for the upcoming week. This way you can hit the ground running on Monday.
  • Update your calendar – Look at your calendar for the next week and make sure ever thing is set. Follow-up – Follow-up with any one you have been working with on projects.

Do these things on a Friday and you will find you won’t be worried about work over the weekend. You will also be set for Monday.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where Have I Been?

 The title of this article is apropos since I haven't blogged in almost 12 years. I plan to start this blog up again and try to blog on a consistent basis. I will also be broadening the topics that I write about. Be sure to subscribe so you can get notifications about when I post. So what have I been up to since that October day in 2013 when I made my last blog? Let me recap for you. When that post happened I was in the middle of my Toastmaster journey and I'm happy to say that I crossed the Toastmaster finish line by earning my DTM. I didn't continue in Toastmasters after that since I changed jobs and took my leadership skills to Mathnasium and started running a Mathnasium in Blaine MN in 2016. I got the opportunity to blend my education degree with my MBA and use it as the Director of the Mathnasium in Blaine. I also had the opportunity to be the director at one in St Louis Park and one in  Andover. I ran these until 2023 when I decided to go back into the classroom and t...

THUNDEROUS LEADERSHIP

This is a condensed version of a speech I gave. The clap of thunder, the flash of lightening, a storm is coming, are you prepared. Storms occur on a regular basis whether they are weather related or life related we have all encountered a storm at one time or another in our life. The question is “are you prepared and will you survive? In the movie “A Perfect Storm” George Clooney plays a captain of a fishing vessel that gets caught up in the storm of the century. He has to make a quick decision about what to do under the circumstances. He had to react to a situation and make the best decision possible for all parties involved. During these perfect storms of life, decisions like these can be life changing. People get caught off guard during the storms of life because they are either ill prepared or they lack the leadership to make positive life changing decisions. In order to survive these storms in life we must follow strong leaders or be a strong leader ourselves. I am goin...

Canada or Bust

 This week I'm on vacation in northern Minnesota. I want to share some sights and sounds of where I went and what I did. Every summer we go to Wilderness Point Resort in Pequot Lakes. During this time, my son always plans another side trip that he and I take. This year our side trip consisted of a trip to Rainy River in Ontario, Canada, along with several stops along the way. My son collects city halls he takes pictures of them and posts them on a discord server. Our first stop was a visit to the Walker, MN city hall. Along the way to Canada we also stopped and got city hall photos for the following cities: Cass Lake, Black Duck, and Kelliher.  A big highlight was getting out in Shooks and taking a picture at the Royal Shooks Motel. Shooks is an unincorporated community, but at the intersection of highways 1 and 72 is the hotel, conveniently located in the middle of nowhere. In Minnesota and the upper Midwest, there is the legend of Paul Bunyan. We like to visit as many of the...