Skip to main content

Technology Leadership


After a great three day weekend it is back to the leadership discussion.  Today and for the next several days I am going to look at leadership and technology. I will look at the relationship between leaders and the technology they use.
This is a world full of new technology, technology that just 10-20 years ago was non-existent. Some questions to ask as we look at leadership and technology. Are leaders better leaders with the new technology? Can leaders continue to adapt and progress quickly with the new technology? What technology can be used by leaders to make leading easier? Does the leadership style make a difference in the technology used?
As I progress through this leadership series I hope you will share with me your thoughts on technology and leadership. The late Steve Jobs a revolutionary leader in technology did such a good job at presenting that he could probably tell us a rock was the next big thing and people would buy it. I will also look at those leaders in the tech world and whether they are good or bad leaders. Does the leader selling or presenting the technology make a difference in the adaptation of technology?
Cell phones, Ipods, Ipads, Iphones, smartphones, Social media, laptops and tablets are just some of the many technology opportunities at a leaders disposal. I will look at these and possibly others to determine whether it makes a difference?
What devices do you use as a leader?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where Have I Been?

 The title of this article is apropos since I haven't blogged in almost 12 years. I plan to start this blog up again and try to blog on a consistent basis. I will also be broadening the topics that I write about. Be sure to subscribe so you can get notifications about when I post. So what have I been up to since that October day in 2013 when I made my last blog? Let me recap for you. When that post happened I was in the middle of my Toastmaster journey and I'm happy to say that I crossed the Toastmaster finish line by earning my DTM. I didn't continue in Toastmasters after that since I changed jobs and took my leadership skills to Mathnasium and started running a Mathnasium in Blaine MN in 2016. I got the opportunity to blend my education degree with my MBA and use it as the Director of the Mathnasium in Blaine. I also had the opportunity to be the director at one in St Louis Park and one in  Andover. I ran these until 2023 when I decided to go back into the classroom and t...

THUNDEROUS LEADERSHIP

This is a condensed version of a speech I gave. The clap of thunder, the flash of lightening, a storm is coming, are you prepared. Storms occur on a regular basis whether they are weather related or life related we have all encountered a storm at one time or another in our life. The question is “are you prepared and will you survive? In the movie “A Perfect Storm” George Clooney plays a captain of a fishing vessel that gets caught up in the storm of the century. He has to make a quick decision about what to do under the circumstances. He had to react to a situation and make the best decision possible for all parties involved. During these perfect storms of life, decisions like these can be life changing. People get caught off guard during the storms of life because they are either ill prepared or they lack the leadership to make positive life changing decisions. In order to survive these storms in life we must follow strong leaders or be a strong leader ourselves. I am goin...

Canada or Bust

 This week I'm on vacation in northern Minnesota. I want to share some sights and sounds of where I went and what I did. Every summer we go to Wilderness Point Resort in Pequot Lakes. During this time, my son always plans another side trip that he and I take. This year our side trip consisted of a trip to Rainy River in Ontario, Canada, along with several stops along the way. My son collects city halls he takes pictures of them and posts them on a discord server. Our first stop was a visit to the Walker, MN city hall. Along the way to Canada we also stopped and got city hall photos for the following cities: Cass Lake, Black Duck, and Kelliher.  A big highlight was getting out in Shooks and taking a picture at the Royal Shooks Motel. Shooks is an unincorporated community, but at the intersection of highways 1 and 72 is the hotel, conveniently located in the middle of nowhere. In Minnesota and the upper Midwest, there is the legend of Paul Bunyan. We like to visit as many of the...